• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Arrow frogs

G

Arrow frogs are so cool Who wouldn`t want a tank or two .. The fruit flies tho I could live without .. Is there something else that they could be fed that wouldn`t be so messy ? Or some way to handle them so they don't escape ?? Maybe a different kind of toad ... I had red spotted newts as a kid ... Just let them swim around with the tropical fish . I fed them Dried tubiflex worms . I haven't seen much for newts and salamanders ... One of those great big ones from Japan would be interesting are they available ?? What would you feed one ??

Toby_H

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Fruit Flies are the standard food for Dart Frogs...

There are strains of "wingless" or "Flightless" Fruit Flies which are much easier to maintain.

Most speceis of Newts/Salamanders do best in cooler waters and do best when given a cold season. Since they like cooler temps than typical household temps, they are not very commonly kept. It's a lot easier to heat a tank than to cool one.

Most amphibians eat mostly bugs of appropriate size. Larger Salamanders will also eat fish, small amphibians, pinkies, etc.

G

haha i dont see u getting one of those 5 feet salamanders from japan,it would be cool tho.