• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Argentine Tegu for sale

Emma Grindstaff

Hi everyone, I’m looking to sell my female argentine black and white tegu. As I know many of you would feel the same, it breaks my heart to consider rehoming her; however, my house and schedule just doesn’t fit her needs and I feel so guilty keeping her when I know someone else could provide her a better home and life, especially seeing I’m going off to college soon. I’ve named her Toothless, she is 6months old and a bit small for her age, just a bit under 2 ft including tail. I’ve had her since she was a hatchling and have handled her very frequently, she loves to come out and see you to explore and also cuddle under the blankets even. Her favorite food right now is calcium dusted crickets. Her bedding is a mix of cypress mulch and reptibark and it works quite well. She has a brand new uvb 10.0 high output bulb and case that would be included with her and has had it her whole life so no metabolic bone disease:). I’m willing to include her cage as well for temporary use, but she is in desperate need of an upgrade. I will include the lizard, cage if wanted but not for long term use, uvb bulb and case, halogen bulb with lamp stand, ceramic heat emitter in adjustable lamp (used for extra heat in winter), extra substrate, her rock (she likes to bask on), her hammock, and calcium powder and vitamin powder (recommended once a week by vet). Please talk to me if interested, I am extremely invested in making sure she has a great home and would love to keep in touch and receive update pictures after she is rehomed. I am located in Michigan. $200 adoption fee, I would prefer not to ship but if you live far enough to you would have to cover shipping, approx $40-50 to be safe, she is growing. STILL AVAILABLE.

Attachments

• EC9BAB60-A78A-454D-BA7B-D3073F1A6BF5.jpeg
    EC9BAB60-A78A-454D-BA7B-D3073F1A6BF5.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 69
  • 1533CE25-2158-45B2-89D9-5A23CE21266C.jpeg
    1533CE25-2158-45B2-89D9-5A23CE21266C.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 61
  • B71FC467-F6E2-478B-95CC-4201D313B9AA.jpeg
    B71FC467-F6E2-478B-95CC-4201D313B9AA.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 63
Last edited:

Erin A

Hello! I am located in Illinois. I was wondering is your tegu has recently been checked by a vet, if you require cost for taking her, and if you could ship. I know Illinois is decently close, but I was just wondering if it was a possibility. Thanks in advance.

Emma Grindstaff

Hello! I am located in Illinois. I was wondering is your tegu has recently been checked by a vet, if you require cost for taking her, and if you could ship. I know Illinois is decently close, but I was just wondering if it was a possibility.
Hello! She did see the vet only 5 weeks ago for some eye irritation, but they also gave her an overall checkup and deemed her to be healthy (the vet was All Creatures Animal Clinic in Ann Arbor, Michigan if you were interested in looking it up). The irritation was easily cleared up with some ointment of which there is a lot extra I’d be happy to send with her as a precaution considering the vet said it could’ve just been an off bag of cypress that she got by chance that had bothered her. She was shipped to me as a hatchling and did perfectly fine so yes, I would be willing to ship if you’re comfortable with also covering the shipping cost. I would love to speak with you about your planned setup if that’s not too much to ask before I send her over also:) Thanks!

Erin A

Hello! Thank you so much for your reply. I am just wondering if after the shipping cost if you would require payment as a sort of adoption fee:). My planned setup is (after her quarantine phase) a bioactive tank. Because of her decent size (not too tiny), this would most likely be an 8 ft by 4 ft by 6.5 grow tent (LxWxH). If you're curious about this sort of setup, you could probably find a forum about it here, or just look up "grow tent tegu enclosure" on youtube. This bioactive grow tent would be rigged with thermostats, UVB lighting+heating, thermometers/hydrometers, live plants (safe for tegus and most likely out of reach, of course), a mist/ reptile fog machine, and possibly 1 or 2 mini fans to keep the air circulating. The bottom of the tank would be a mix of organic soil, peat, cypress mulch, and organic matter such as sanitized leaves and sphagnum moss. The cleanup crew would probably be my remaining springtail colony as well as the most humidity tolerant isopods I can find at the next expo/ order online lol. I would also add mealworms+superworms as a part of the cleanup crew. The tank would be complete with large hides like cork bark, and elevated basking spot, and probably a few properly anchored climbing sticks as well. I was just wondering if it would be possible to see a picture of her current tank, just to see what she is living in? Thank you so much.:tegu:
edit: sorry for such a late reply!

Last edited:

Emma Grindstaff

Hello! Thank you so much for your reply. I am just wondering if after the shipping cost if you would require payment as a sort of adoption fee:). My planned setup is (after her quarantine phase) a bioactive tank. Because of her decent size (not too tiny), this would most likely be an 8 ft by 4 ft by 6.5 grow tent (LxWxH). If you're curious about this sort of setup, you could probably find a forum about it here, or just look up "grow tent tegu enclosure" on youtube. This bioactive grow tent would be rigged with thermostats, UVB lighting+heating, thermometers/hydrometers, live plants (safe for tegus and most likely out of reach, of course), a mist/ reptile fog machine, and possibly 1 or 2 mini fans to keep the air circulating. The bottom of the tank would be a mix of organic soil, peat, cypress mulch, and organic matter such as sanitized leaves and sphagnum moss. The cleanup crew would probably be my remaining springtail colony as well as the most humidity tolerant isopods I can find at the next expo/ order online lol. I would also add mealworms+superworms as a part of the cleanup crew. The tank would be complete with large hides like cork bark, and elevated basking spot, and probably a few properly anchored climbing sticks as well. I was just wondering if it would be possible to see a picture of her current tank, just to see what she is living in? Thank you so much.:tegu:
Wow!!! This sounds incredible, an extreme upgrade from her tank now and makes me hopeful she will be very very happy, I could have never done such a great setup at my house. I do still live with my dad until I go to college, and although it’s not something I wanted to do, we have both put a lot of money into her and he determined i should require an adoption fee, I’m just not sure how much yet. I’m also not sure how shipping would work but I’ll do some research to see if this will workout for you!!

Emma Grindstaff

Attachments

• 14D7B6CD-CA03-4E01-B814-641AE8ACD949.jpeg
    14D7B6CD-CA03-4E01-B814-641AE8ACD949.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 20

Erin A

Thank you! I understand the idea of an "adoption fee". Tegus aren't cheap lol. What I was just wondering about is how much you would charge (plus shipping on my part). Would you charge less than what you bought her for, the same price you bought her for, or more than what you bought her for (because you are including some supplies)? I am only curious to see what my budget would then be because even though a grow tent is the most budget-friendly enclosure obtain (though still very effective), It still amounts to over $250 dollars in supplies. Also not including feeding prices! I don't want this to seem like I am pressuring you at all, I just wanted to be honest with you about my current situation. Also, I was wondering how long you could possibly keep Toothless at your house with a maybe a sort of downpayment for her to "reserve" her, as it might take a few weeks and such to get the tent completely set up and to get her bioactive tank cycling. Although I do recognize this might not be possible because of your time restraints caused by college.

Last edited:

Erin A

Here is the grow tent:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01DXYMSMM/?tag=exoticpetnetw-20
If you are wondering about the stability/escapability, I would get a bunch of cinders from home depot a make a barrier around the edges for added structural support. I would run my necessary cords and tubes through the closeable openings on the sides and duct tape them shut. I would also duct tape any other openings or security hazards to make sure she doesn't end up roaming the basement/ my room without supervision. As for ventilation, I would probably either cut off the excess fabric from one or two of the "ports" on the side and replace it with mesh, or I would cut an, oh I don't know, 3 or four 8 inch in diameter holes through the tent, out of reach of Toothless, also covered in mesh. This probably sounds really confusing, so it's probably easier to just follow the link to Amazon to see what I'm talking about. :)

Last edited:

Emma Grindstaff

Here is the grow tent:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01DXYMSMM/?tag=exoticpetnetw-20
If you are wondering about the stability/escapability, I would get a bunch of cinders from home depot a make a barrier around the edges for added structural support. I would run my necessary cords and tubes through the closeable openings on the sides and duct tape them shut. I would also duct tape any other openings or security hazards to make sure she doesn't end up roaming the basement/ my room without supervision. As for ventilation, I would probably either cut off the excess fabric from one or two of the "ports" on the side and replace it with mesh, or I would cut an, oh I don't know, 3 or four 8 inch in diameter holes through the tent, out of reach of Toothless, also covered in mesh. This probably sounds really confusing, so it's probably easier to just follow the link to Amazon to see what I'm talking about. :)
Hi!! So sorry it took me so long to answer, I didn’t get any notifications of your posts! I think for the adoption fee I would only charge around what I paid to get her as a hatchling because I’ve really loved having her. I’d love to talk to you privately and ask some questions if you don’t mind, I know I’m being very particular.

Erin A

Hi!! So sorry it took me so long to answer, I didn’t get any notifications of your posts! I think for the adoption fee I would only charge around what I paid to get her as a hatchling because I’ve really loved having her. I’d love to talk to you privately and ask some questions if you don’t mind, I know I’m being very particular.
Yeah, I'm completely okay with that!

Erin A

Hey! Haven’t gotten an email yet so I’m just checking in to make sure it works and you’re able to reach me or if I missed anything :)
Yeah, things have just gotten kind of hectic recently, and I just want to directly bring to light that I may not be able to take toothless. If I can't come through, I suggest at the moment to keep looking for people who are completely ready to take her on. I hope you understand!

Emma Grindstaff

Yeah, things have just gotten kind of hectic recently, and I just want to directly bring to light that I may not be able to take toothless. If I can't come through, I suggest at the moment to keep looking for people who are completely ready to take her on. I hope you understand!
Of course

Emma Grindstaff

Hi everyone, I’m looking to sell my female argentine black and white tegu. As I know many of you would feel the same, it breaks my heart to consider rehoming her; however, my house and schedule just doesn’t fit her needs and I feel so guilty keeping her when I know someone else could provide her a better home and life, especially seeing I’m going off to college soon. I’ve named her Toothless, she is 6months old and a bit small for her age, just a bit under 2 ft including tail. I’ve had her since she was a hatchling and have handled her very frequently, she loves to come out and see you to explore and also cuddle under the blankets even. Her favorite food right now is calcium dusted crickets. Her bedding is a mix of cypress mulch and reptibark and it works quite well. She has a brand new uvb 10.0 high output bulb and case that would be included with her and has had it her whole life so no metabolic bone disease:). I’m willing to include her cage as well for temporary use, but she is in desperate need of an upgrade. I will include the lizard, cage if wanted but not for long term use, uvb bulb and case, halogen bulb with lamp stand, ceramic heat emitter in adjustable lamp (used for extra heat in winter), extra substrate, her rock (she likes to bask on), her hammock, and calcium powder and vitamin powder (recommended once a week by vet). Please talk to me if interested, I am extremely invested in making sure she has a great home and would love to keep in touch and receive update pictures after she is rehomed. I am located in Michigan.
STILL AVAILABLE

Dylan koch

I'm interested depending on the fee currently I have 4 tegus. So I'm not new to tegus. I build my own enclosures for them. They have their own reptile room 100% secure and eat great! I live on a 12 acre property. I take mine out almost daily when work doesn't interfere. Because I wait till 5pm so it's not so hot in arizona more so for me than them. I have 1 female blue tegu 100% get albino, 1 male blue ice 100% het albino and 2 reds one high white male and fem

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam