• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Arachnids?

PuffDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Hey what about an Arachnids section? I personally don't have any as pets but thought it could come in use for the forums.

G

This hick is scared S***less of invertibrates, but they fascinate me. Someone please share. :shock:

PuffDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Yeah on discovery and in a shop by me. They are freakin scary man. Their disposion however seems kind of docile. For a spider that is.

Mike

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
olympus said:
Has anybody seen a goliath bird eating spider?

I've owned a few. Fun species, but the humidity and heat is a pain to nail.

AB^

5 Year Member
olympus said:

We get them in at the wholesalers I help out at from time to time, they are cool but personally a large King Baboon tarantula is more impressive.

anywho, I think the arachnid forum should be changed to "invertebrates" to cover more ground.

PuffDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
AB^ said:
olympus said:

We get them in at the wholesalers I help out at from time to time, they are cool but personally a large King Baboon tarantula is more impressive.

anywho, I think the arachnid forum should be changed to "invertebrates" to cover more ground.

I agree

Mike

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
greentriple said:
How about a preying Mantis? I caught one in my front yard a couple of day a ago.

You don't know how much I love mantids. I have kept so many it's not even funny. Sadly, right now I only have 1.

greentriple

5 Year Member
Mike do you want another? Or can you give me the heads up on keeing them, I'm about to put him in the feeder Anole tank.

ColdThirst

5 Year Member
I kept a praying mantis egg cacoon thing in a little plastic terrarium once, cuz you find them everywhere outside here and they never look like theres anything alive in them, I kept it in my room and one day when i got home to my apt i went straight into the kitchen and set my stuff down right next to a little bitty baby praying mantis just sitting there looking at me. Needless to say my stomach sank when i realised they were small enough to fit through the terrarium vents, and hooray!!!! 200 baby praying mantises everywhere!!!!! And i mean EVERYWHERE!!!!!! It was the biggest mess ever, i was finding them for weeks and weeks, and if i move stuff around i can still find dead ones, it was redicules, but they are really cool looking dudes.

Mike

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
ColdThirst said:
I kept a praying mantis egg cacoon thing in a little plastic terrarium once, cuz you find them everywhere outside here and they never look like theres anything alive in them, I kept it in my room and one day when i got home to my apt i went straight into the kitchen and set my stuff down right next to a little bitty baby praying mantis just sitting there looking at me. Needless to say my stomach sank when i realised they were small enough to fit through the terrarium vents, and hooray!!!! 200 baby praying mantises everywhere!!!!! And i mean EVERYWHERE!!!!!! It was the biggest mess ever, i was finding them for weeks and weeks, and if i move stuff around i can still find dead ones, it was redicules, but they are really cool looking dudes.

The same thing happened to me. :lol:

I raised a few of them up in the end.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980