• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Anyone have info on this company

Status
Not open for further replies.

chitodadon

1,000+ Post Club
I don't think tjey r good get fron tegu terra or from ty park u can find them on Facebook

from Samsung Galaxy S3

Adam2v

I don't think tjey r good get fron tegu terra or from ty park u can find them on Facebook

from Samsung Galaxy S3

been trying to get in contact with Ty, but seems like my messages don't go through. Im not too good with facebook...

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
There have been a few people that have bought tegus from him and they have arrived in unhealthy condition and poorly packed. There was a FB discussion about the transactions.

chelvis

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Tegus only has WC Florida tegus. He has a permit to remove wild tegus from Florida and sell them. This alone means you run the risk of getting a sick or injured animal. There is also a good chance this animals will never tame down. The price is cheep and many people will buy them purely for breeding stock, as for a personal pet I would avoid it and get one from a more reputable source. Teguterra seems to have some as does Ty Parks sometimes LLLReptile will have them as well as some of the other big name reptile stores.

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I'm sorry if I was unclear. People have ordered tegus from Tegus Only that were pretty rough. Ty delivers a great product.

Rodney Irwin

5 Year Member
Tegus only has WC Florida tegus. He has a permit to remove wild tegus from Florida and sell them. This alone means you run the risk of getting a sick or injured animal. There is also a good chance this animals will never tame down. The price is cheep and many people will buy them purely for breeding stock, as for a personal pet I would avoid it and get one from a more reputable source. Teguterra seems to have some as does Ty Parks sometimes LLLReptile will have them as well as some of the other big name reptile stores.

Rodney Irwin

5 Year Member
Hello Clevis,

Personally, I see every tegu removed from the wild as one less that will reproduce and contribute to the population that is destroying the wildlife that makes Florida, Florida.
For others, It is just a cheap source of tegus that can be marked up three hundred percent.

I have made no false statements, used foul language or called people names.
Anyone interested in this, should probably print it. I don’t know long it will be
before it is pulled from this forum and I am banned from the site without just cause.
Truth exists, only falsehoods need be invented
Rodney Irwin
Tegusonly.com

Last edited by a moderator:

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
You said, "I have never met, talked to, or done business with Laurafl or Clevis. However, what they have said about my wild caught tegus, ( may never tame down, sick and injured animals, full of parasites )"

You know Rodney, it is fact that any WC animal is prone to these issues and we say the same about any ANY WC animal regardless of the seller or the species. Do you deny this is fact? That is not to say CBB animals do not have similar issues, but I think these problems are significantly higher in WC populations.

I know Ty has bought WC tegus from you, but he doesn't resell them. He is a good, honest businessman. If anyone else has bought WC tegus from you and resold them as CB, I would consider that to be a fraudulent sale. I have to tell you that I have no problem with anyone selling WC tegus. And of course anyone is welcome to purchase whatever they like. The reason I ever felt compelled to speak about the issue is because customers have the right to know what they are purchasing. If they know they are purchasing WC, no problem. If someone wants to purchase CBB and is led to believe they have purchased CBB when it is in fact a WC animal, is misrepresentation.

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I'm sure I have been called worse! It took my husband 2-3 yrs to learn to spell my name correctly. He's pretty dyslexic, so I cut him some slack.

Rodney Irwin

5 Year Member
Hi Rodney, how ya doin? :)
Well, I just lost My best friend of 30 years. ( saved my life twice ) to brain cancer. So my head is not so much into the crap going on at tegutalk.com
The Latu that was the start of an post I did not finish or correct your name. Actually I was posting that I agree with your post of 11/05/23
about the fact that customers have the right to know what they are purchasing. I have never said that I was a breeder. My website is very specific
about the fact that my tegus are wild caught. Additionally, I would like to say it is nice to see that we could have a civil conversation
without accusations and insults from Tegutalk moderators, staff and members I have never heard of or done business with.
Sorry I could not that post till now. It is sad to see that snakecharmr728 would jump on this as she did.
Rodney Irwin

Rodney Irwin

5 Year Member
You said, "I have never met, talked to, or done business with Laurafl or Clevis. However, what they have said about my wild caught tegus, ( may never tame down, sick and injured animals, full of parasites )"

You know Rodney, it is fact that any WC animal is prone to these issues and we say the same about any ANY WC animal regardless of the seller or the species. Do you deny this is fact? That is not to say CBB animals do not have similar issues, but I think these problems are significantly higher in WC populations.

I know Ty has bought WC tegus from you, but he doesn't resell them. He is a good, honest businessman. If anyone else has bought WC tegus from you and resold them as CB, I would consider that to be a fraudulent sale. I have to tell you that I have no problem with anyone selling WC tegus. And of course anyone is welcome to purchase whatever they like. The reason I ever felt compelled to speak about the issue is because customers have the right to know what they are purchasing. If they know they are purchasing WC, no problem. If someone wants to purchase CBB and is led to believe they have purchased CBB when it is in fact a WC animal, is misrepresentation.

Hello Laurarfl,

Responding to your question as to where I would prefer you to present the pictures you say will prove some of the negative posts about me,
Yes, by all means, post it here with the source who actually took the pictures and "video evidence" you referred to in your posts.
Also include the date and location. That would be fair. I have asked repeatedly the same from the other staff members at tegutalk
who claim to "have seen" or "know people" that have received bad tegus from Tegusonly.com.
To this date no one has presented anything to back up their allegations against me. Zip, Nada, Nothing. Ever
In the real world, when you call someone a liar, scammer/thief, you back it up. If you can't back it up, you should have
never said it in the first place. Don’t you agree? To some, being a moderator or staff member seems to swell the head and cause behavior that
would be unacceptable in the real world under their real names. Thank God the reptile world is larger than this
talk site. Little haters will always hate. Good people will always recognize it.
Rodney Irwin
Tegusonly.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmelanc602