• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Anyone good with Basilisk?

nessanicolle

Hello everyone, I just got a new brown basilisk that is about six months old.

I'm wondering what type he is and how big he will get. Is it a male or female? I know that males have the crest and he has a pretty decent sized crest but no plumes.. So do some brown basilisk not develop them at all or just not till they are older? He has the crest and a tiny ridge on its back but no real "plumage".

It's doing pretty good so far!
Thanks for any help! :)
-Vanessa

Attachments

• WP_004434 (2).jpg
    WP_004434 (2).jpg
    273.3 KB · Views: 51

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
You haven't tried very hard, a guick search on google would tell you their average size as well as ways to differentiate between male and female.

mike97

hi, yes around 2ft or so. if you dont know what size they get to then you might not even be caring for it properly? give us a run down of ur setup.
viv size? temps? humidity? uv?

Jstew

That's a good lookin little fella you got there. From what I understand males get crests on the head back and tail so that would be your best way of telling. Most browns average around 2.5 feet. To me he looks like a common brown but I can't be sure.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam