• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Any Keepers?

nat

5 Year Member
not at the moment I am afraid :( but frogs were my first and foremost love when I got into the hobby (does it count when you are 10?). Anyways, my last. p. terribillis died at the end of the summer and we won't be getting any more frogs until we move. I have in the past though kept:

- white's tree frogs
- clawed frogs
- green tree frogs
- fire bellied toads
- big eyed tree frogs
- cuban tree frogs
- red eye tree frogs
- dart frogs
- pac mans
- tiger salamanders
- rough skinned newts
- bullfrogs

and probably more I have forgotten about. I was looking at a pair of cb tomato frogs the other day... very tempting... but then my cat had to go to the vet so that temptation went out the window :evil:

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Oh too cool Nat, you are going to need to show us the awesome pics, I know you got some!! :)

dorton

5 Year Member
I currently have 6 firebellied toads, and 2 clawed frongs. I'll see if I
can take some pics.

Mike

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I have a trio of White's Tree Frogs, along with some salamanders I found on the side of the road. :wink:

Mike Searson

5 Year Member
I have a Pyciecephalus female.

Just lost a Budgett's frog. :cry:

Over the years I've kept: White's treefrogs, tomato frogs, Cuban tree frogs, barking tree frogs, spring peepers, Cranewlli horned frogs, ornate horned frogs, crocodile newts, fire salamanders, red eyed treefrogs, mantellas, Giant toads, and American bullfrogs.

I prefer the terrestrial super carnivores.

AB^

5 Year Member
Here's Mine

Phyllomedusa savaugii

aka

Waxy Monkey Frog

DSC02254.jpg

DSC02251.jpg

DSC02249-1.jpg

Epona142

5 Year Member
I absolutely love amphibians. Right now I'm without, but over the years, I've owned quite a few.

I have to say my absolute favorites are American Toads. Just the plain old "hoptoad" as we call them down here! I love finding them in the field, and I had one that was an odd yellow color, and would chirp when I rubbed his belly. I called him Yeller (original, eh?) and had him for three years.

When the house we are building is done, it's my ambition to set up a azure dartfrog tank, somewhere where I can watch them.

I've also kept alot of "waterdogs", the larvae form of the tiger salamander. Another favorite is the red-spotted newt.

nat

5 Year Member
ok dug up some photos!

please excuse some of the qualitiy... some of these photos were taken years and years ago (I can believe I even found them!)

Here are some shots of some of the frogs I have kept over the years...

jmv32weg.jpg

j4njqofy.jpg

hfhqos5k.jpg

euc7z49r.jpg
4736dbg5.jpg
vkn28kdn.jpg
pz7p7t1x.jpg

clawed frog tadpole
q0wjguv7.jpg

Epona142

5 Year Member
That's a red-eyed treefrog, and my gosh I forgot how beautiful they are! I remember being younger and totally enamored by them, I wanted a tankful so badly. Hmmm...maybe I'll have room for TWO frog enclosures!! :wink:

nat

5 Year Member
yup that is indeed a red eye tree frog! The only problem with this species however is that they are only really active at odd hours of the morning and otherwise look like a green blob (they tuck al their colorful bits under their body when they rest). If you are really looking for a great display frog I highly recomend the dart frogs. I loved my red eye girl though, she was a cool frog!

Ari Gold

5 Year Member
great collection nat.

and I was recently lucky enough to see a red eyed tree frog out during the day at a pet store walking around. I was just in awe of it, they look even cooler in person.

my roomates and i are going to build a waterfall viv and all get a dart frog.

snakehandler

5 Year Member
I have a Litoria Cerulea that is seven years old and i am planning to buy me two Tylotriton Shanjin, the Mandarin Salamander.

eddiezahra

5 Year Member
i've kept whites, wax monkey and pacmans before... my white's was the favourite of the three. really great frog for all types of keepers

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juiced