• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Any advice on feeding fruits & veggies?

Teguixin.22

Does any one have any suggestions for getting my tegu to eat fruits and veggies when they're offered? Right now i'm just constantly introducing, but she just smells them and walks away until she gets her crickets and dubias :p Any helpful suggestions are appreciated

dpjm

5 Year Member
Take one or two of the dubias or crickets and squish them up into a bit of a paste and then spread that around on the pieces of fruit/veg.

EnjoysWine

Try berries - I found that Ruby (juvenile red tegu) took them quite well at the start, especially blueberries.

For veggies, try something like peas or broccoli mixed into ground meat or liver. At first Ruby would accept only a little bit, but now she's used to the taste and eats it all the time along with her meat.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980