• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Age?

Hi everyone, I got my baby red tegu back on April 22 at the New York reptile expo. When I purchased him/her I forgot to ask when the tegu hatched. My tegu was about 13 inches long when I bought him. So my question is how old is he?

I've been keeping track of my Red Tegu's growth. She was 13 inches at 6 weeks if that helps.
Not really because considering I bought him in April 22 he would of have to have been born in late February or early March in order for him to have been 6 weeks old when I bought him. And don’t tegu babies hatch in like June and July?

EnjoysWine

I think that must be the case unless he went into brumation a few months after hatching and thus stopped growing. But that would be pretty small to be a year old I think. You do mean 13" from snout to the tip of the tail, right?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam