• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Adding a level

KayleeJ

So I’ve been sitting on this for a while but I’ve decided I want to add another level to the my tegus vivarium. She’s housed in a 8ft long 3ft wide and 2.5ft tall viv.

I want both end sides to have a level, the hot side so she can bask better but I’m making it so she won’t burn herself. And to climb up, I’ll have a log drilled in so it’ll give her a good grip when climbing and I also want the bottom part to double up as a hide too so she can keep warm. I’ll also do the same for the other side so she can keep cool and have one of her normal hides in the middle.

Now here’s the tricky bit, I know nothing of building and due to how heavy the vivarium is I can not move the it, no matter how hard I’ve tried. This means I won’t be able to screw the wood in from the back. Is there anyway around that? If so, can you let me know what you did, the materials you used or what I should do. Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam