• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

1yr old chacoan how do I get him to go in hibernation.

sr3052

5 Year Member
20160529_150055.jpg

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Not even really sure if it's something he needs because I'm not breeding him he is very healthy and eats great and so very very tame.
Mostly daylength will be trigger, and individuals will vary in the extent and duration of brumation. Some are down for the count, and others just slow down some. Wait and see what he does around Sep-Oct.

sr3052

5 Year Member
Mostly daylength will be trigger, and individuals will vary in the extent and duration of brumation. Some are down for the count, and others just slow down some. Wait and see what he does around Sep-Oct.
I thought you had to put him in hibernation shutting off his lights and letting his temp get down

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
That's if the goal is to encourage a long winter sleep. In Fall he'll slow down May even stop eating. Make sure nothing left to poop, then pitch black and lower 60s F.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam