• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Very interested.

Pacman

Hello My name is Brian I live in West Michigan.
I currently have 2 bearded dragons each VIV is handbuilt. 1 is 24" high 24"deep x 48" long, the other is 36"x36"48.
I have been looking into other Lizards and about a month ago I was at a retile show and got a chance to interact with a Tegu. Ever since then I have thought about adding to my collection. I am just starting to do a little research before I decide to Purchase if I do.

I have all sorts of questions.
1. VIV what is the best size
2. Lighting
3. Feeding
4. handling ( this is really important to me. I love to have my Dragons out playing and cuddling)
5. expectations as a owner

JimB

There's a ton of great information here in Tegu Talk. I'm a newbie as well and I've done a LOT of reading and asking questions.
There's also a Tegu Hatchling and Black & White Tegu groups within Facebook that are good sources as well.

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
There's a ton of great information here in Tegu Talk. I'm a newbie as well and I've done a LOT of reading and asking questions.
There's also a Tegu Hatchling and Black & White Tegu groups within Facebook that are good sources as well.
That's a great idea. Peruse the various threads here and see what helps you while you wait on responses. Then, you might have more specific questions.

JimB- I'm not on FB. Are those FB tegu groups useful/helpful?

JimB

That's a great idea. Peruse the various threads here and see what helps you while you wait on responses. Then, you might have more specific questions.

JimB- I'm not on FB. Are those FB tegu groups useful/helpful?

I try to find as much info as I can and those groups seems to be pretty good. This is my actual go-to place though. :)

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I try to find as much info as I can and those groups seems to be pretty good. This is my actual go-to place though. :)
Good to know. I hate to miss out on useful information but don't want to join FB.

Rob H

40 breeder to start. Lighting atleast if not hotter than beardie but much more humid. I use powersun, UV and heat in one plus another heat light. I stack stones for basking and hides. Can buy or find, just freeze or boil. Also cold side hide. Tip with clips, I like the half folding one for 40 breeder. Aldi climbing wood, with some foliage. I make it so he can climb in and out, but clip ck out when not home. Also i keep him in my room, kids and other pets so he Camry leave master br or closets. He's only 4 months or so, can also fit under.

I got this 40 breeder dieting $1 a gallon sale. Argentine red tegu for $250, haggling involved. All together entire set up and bought a humidifier probably near 6. Hand light holders so just off cover so moves easy.

Crickets, I hand and tong fed them. I mostly hand feed beardie too. Never bit by either but he's def way, way, way more aggressive when eating. They get excited. Doesn't really like my touching but tasked it for a min them goes explores. Had him since Feb 23rd. About 16 inches, haven't weighed. Also bought a laser temp gun.

For other food I mixed ground turkey, 2lbs, 4 eggs and dusted it, mixed and bagged little balls in freezer. Not super interested, still loves the crickets.

Sorry for choppiness/ spelling etc. Using phone.

Cheers
Rob

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmelanc602