• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Underrated But Awesome Amphibian

casey15

I think one of the best small amphibians to own, as well as one of the most pretty are newts . They don't need much space, they are cheap to house and feed, they don't smell or make noise, cleaning the cage is a breeze, they have beautiful colors on their stomachs, they're very docile and easy to handle, they live a good life span, and they're just plain fun and interesting to watch! I had a Chinese Fire Bellied newt named Speckle who was such a cool little guy. He made me plan on getting more/other types of newts one day!

What are some other underrated amphibians you love?

casey15

JohnMatthew said:
Two-toed amphiuma, they aren't flashy like some but feeding time sure is fun. :D

Sweet! I've never even heard of those, I just googled them and they are very unique looking! They kind of remind me of an eel. :D

yulyani

salamanders are great !!!.....i love them very much :p ,...but my pets are already too many...i can't add any of them again....

Thelegendofcharlie

5 Year Member
I have fire bellied newts, tiger salamanders and fire salamanders, and the title says it best - these guys are underrated.
There is a lot of personality in those little packages.
I always get a laugh when watching or interacting with them. They are always so goofy!
I havent had any frogs or toads to compare, but I have a a pair of smooth sided toads as well.
These guys are really docile and seem to appreciate attention.
They remind me a lot of my redfoot tortoises in their disposition. - Very cool (not so) little guys.

Any one on the forum ever had a caecilian? Ive been wanting to get some of these guys.
Check out the link you want to see one weird amphibian
CAUTION - NOT FOR THE FAINT OF HEART
(Dont say I didnt telly you so)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMvL4zOLSeM

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juiced