• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Um...I did something I'm not terribly proud of...

TeguPuppy

So, back in the day, I was a serious hobbyist. I was comfortable enough with things to be ok with what some might consider odd...like, defrosting bags of veggies using the heat tape in one of the cubbies on a hatchling rack. Stuff like that. Weird? Absolutely. But harmless.

As I've climbed back on the herpetoculture train, I find myself slipping into that "comfortable-ness" again. But what I did today was completely ridiculous.

I call it a tegu burger.

I mix greens, veggies, and calcium dust into Alice's ground turkey. Today, I was mixing up a couple week's worth of meals when I looked down and realized "hey, I bought all this stuff at a health food store...and it doesn't look half bad".

I separated out a patty, added cheese and mushrooms, threw it on the grill...and omg it was delicious.

Not proud of it. But I'm totally doing it again. Anyone else think I'm nuts? Who has a similar story? Maybe I should start writing a cookbook for herpetoculturists...

Sent from my Z833 using Tapatalk

bd0795

no, not at all. my friend breeds meal worms and crickets for his bearded dragon and sav--occasionally, we'd grab a handful of gutloaded crickets, toast them, and ate them for the hell of it. quite delicious--surprisingly nutty. if that aint nuts, then idk wat is haha but that tegu burger does sound good.

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
So, back in the day, I was a serious hobbyist. I was comfortable enough with things to be ok with what some might consider odd...like, defrosting bags of veggies using the heat tape in one of the cubbies on a hatchling rack. Stuff like that. Weird? Absolutely. But harmless.

As I've climbed back on the herpetoculture train, I find myself slipping into that "comfortable-ness" again. But what I did today was completely ridiculous.

I call it a tegu burger.

I mix greens, veggies, and calcium dust into Alice's ground turkey. Today, I was mixing up a couple week's worth of meals when I looked down and realized "hey, I bought all this stuff at a health food store...and it doesn't look half bad".

I separated out a patty, added cheese and mushrooms, threw it on the grill...and omg it was delicious.

Not proud of it. But I'm totally doing it again. Anyone else think I'm nuts? Who has a similar story? Maybe I should start writing a cookbook for herpetoculturists...

I see a herper restaurant with a teguburger on the menu.

TeguPuppy

I see a herper restaurant with a teguburger on the menu.
It is now a thing I consume regularly...with a few additional ingredients, depending on my mood. I leave the calcium powder in though, because hey, why not?! Haha

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juiced