• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Too Much UVB??

Jack Elliott

Is there such a thing as too much UVB for my little guy? He is only 9 inches right now and I have him in a 40 gal tank with a 100 watt basking light and a 100 watt UVB bulb, but the people I bought him from (underground reptiles) said that it was way too much UVB for him. Is this true or am I fine with the 100 watt?

AlphaAlpha

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Hi.....I`m no expert, but would have thought if the animal is absorbing too much it would have the sence to avoid it and you would constantly see him hiding ( or should that be not see him due to him hiding).

Jack Elliott

copy that @AlphaAlpha, thank you for the input. He is actually arriving on Tuesday so I will keep a close eye on him for the first couple weeks. You'll be seeing Sir Daniels around in the gallery page! :D:tegu:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam