• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Tegu tank size

Swatsx

i read B n W tegu should be in a min of 6x3 foot tank, would a 5x5 foot tank work as well? Or is the length not long enough to thermo regulate

Swatsx

Ok, is 7x4 min for a reason? That is 28 sq ft of floor space, my 5 x 5 would be 25 ft of floor space, is 7x4 better because of temp grades?

dpjm

5 Year Member
Ok, is 7x4 min for a reason? That is 28 sq ft of floor space, my 5 x 5 would be 25 ft of floor space, is 7x4 better because of temp grades?

No, there is no such thing as a set minimum enclosure size, everyone has a different opinion. Always do as large as possible. I consider both 7x4 and 5x5 to be too small.

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
No, there is no such thing as a set minimum enclosure size, everyone has a different opinion. Always do as large as possible. I consider both 7x4 and 5x5 to be too small.
True enough. With lots of out-of-enclosure time, I'll live with a 7X4X4' minimum.

Swatsx

Thanks, I plan on making the tank, glass and wood, but tegu was number one choice I don't have room to do a bigger tank, I'll post pics once it's up. If in the future I can do a bigger tank then I'll look into a tegu again I just don't want to get it and have to get rid of it cuz it's too big or I can't house it properly

dpjm

5 Year Member
Thanks, I plan on making the tank, glass and wood, but tegu was number one choice I don't have room to do a bigger tank, I'll post pics once it's up. If in the future I can do a bigger tank then I'll look into a tegu again I just don't want to get it and have to get rid of it cuz it's too big or I can't house it properly

That's very responsible of you. More owners should think that way.

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Looking forward to seeing it. Will be a fine palace for a beardie.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam