• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Tegu Room

TheTeguNovice

5 Year Member
As all of you know I have been in the process of acquiring material to build Titus a enclosure. I have recently viewed a free roaming Tegu named MacGyver on YouTube. From the look of him he looks healthy and content. My question is how do I properly execute a Tegu room?,.....

Deac77

5 Year Member
Build a cage with proper heating and humidity.

If you tried to keep a room in tegu needed humidity the sheet rock would rot.

If you kept them. Standard room humidity they will dehydrate rapidly, get shed problems, organ damage, not to mention probably cool to much and become very obese. (Plus they have this habit of digging, or ripping up carpet in free roam cases)

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I don't know the set-up that tegu owner has, so I'm not going to comment. I have red tegus kept outside in a subtropical environment. When I bring food outside, Charlie will jump about a foot in the air to grab a rat out of my hand. If I showed up with a tray of eggs, he would RUN across the enclosure to check me out. He's tame enough for me to pet and pick up and such, he's just kept warmer and has a stronger feeding response.

Marcvptegu

I live in north Florida. And work 8 to 5 Monday thru saturday. I have a red and a chacoan. During the day (warmer months) they go outside. At 5 they come in for free roam and dinner then back in the enclosure befor I go to bed. Gives them time with me and outside of there enclosure. Some people would say it's not enough time with them. But my wife is with them alday too.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam