• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Tegu possessed by bloodlust

justineNpepper

Hello! My baby Tegu is just over a year old and going through a gnarly growth spurt. She is constantly wanting to play outside her cage (which is fine, I let her roam about in a closed room) but when I try to pick her up she tail whips and runs away! What happened to my sweet girl?

HelenaReptile

Females get aggressive while they are gravid. She should be back to normal once she absorbs the eggs, but still try not to just ignore her. If she doesn't want to be bothered, leave her alone. Your sweet heart will be back to normal soon. ^-^

justineNpepper

Thank you! I thought maybe since she's been sleepy/sorta brumating through the winter that she forgot about me! Should I just feed her as much as she wants?

HelenaReptile

Yes, a good diet is EXTREMELY important while a female is gravid. Just make sure to feed her a bit more than normal. As much as she wants. If she remains like this for more than a few weeks and she is bloated or sluggish, go to the vet as soon as possible. It is not common, but she could not fully absorb the eggs, therefore, she may need either medication or surgery depending on the severity.

justineNpepper

Ok no problem! She eats roaches, ground turkey, mice and blackberries voraciously. Anything else she has to be pretty hungry for but I still offer bananas and strawberries and blue berries at least once a week.

justineNpepper

You think so? I always feed a protein with her fruits but was to understand Argies/Giants need a lot of fruit and veggies. (She won't eat veggies. )

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam