• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Tegu Food List

TheTeguGurl

Great List I found one like this online 2 yrs ago and printed it out.. its a life safer when you are needing to know what to feed them

Rhetoric

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Bump bump bump. Page 4, third post from the bottom, has a PDF that can be printed

spidersandmonsters

Question about mice: how often should you feed them say two or three fuzzies at a time? That being a diet with calcium without D3 dusted turkey as a staple, with some ground beef, beef liver, all with a bit of cod oil.

Rhetoric

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I think its your preference. Some members feed their tegus a diet that is almost completely whole prey. Other members feed their tegus whole prey once a week. I have not (yet) seen anyone having issues with doing it either way. I started off doing whole prey once a week, I am now doing it ~3x a week. The main concern would be passing all of the fur, fuzzies aren't as furry as an adult rat lol but something to consider down the road.

boyd1955

Really useful list ... Thank you ... Always trying to think of something new to tempt him and this gives me loads of possibilities :))

Dana C

A thought on feeding fish. I feed my youngster tilapia and trout, tilapia because it is inexpensive and trout because I can catch it. I chop up the fish after scaling them. I chop them fine so I can include the smaller rib bones in very small pieces.
Just a thought. :idea:

Jonzin4Reptiles

Awesome list ... and to have it in PDF for a noob like me is above and beyond of you. Thanx very much i`ll refer to it daily. So far i`ve only been feeding him turkey balls but have some beef out for 2morrow.

Cheers,

John

teguboy77

5 Year Member
I use to give my tegus,mice,ground turkey,super worms,quail,chicken peeps,grapes,beef liver.That worked for my tegus.

boyd1955

Boomer is going wild for red peppers ( bell ) at the moment ... He's even eaten them out of a red pepper and turkey mix ... Just left the turkey !!!

Aden

I read out this list,good...I have entered this thread and find some interesting things there....i appreciate you...Thanks for sharing this.

Kimmie

im gonna buy some worms for Cookie what worms is healthties or which ones is best to feed like a daliy thing ?

Bananasplit121

I am soon to become a Tegu owner and have read through this food list and want to say THANK YOU! Great information. One question I had, that was asked earlier but never answered... when feeding boiled egg, do you give them the shell as well or not? We offer the shell to our birds for extra calcium so I wasn't sure if it would have the same affect with Tegu's or if it would cause problems.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juiced