• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

TAG! You're it!

TeguBuzz

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I could only find this one, my imageshack deleted some of my other stitch pics, not sure why. I had a thread here with all the pics from the snapper bite and it deleted all the pics but the attached one out, must be cause of imageshack.

This bite was clean cut straight through my finger - almost all the way through. Regained full functionality about 9 months after stitches were removed.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 29

BatGirl1

1,000+ Post Club
I have to say... i have not gone my whole life without being bitten, of course. I just meant my reptiles that I've owned. I have been bitten by dogs, bats (no rabies yet! ) , birds, fish (catfish and red pacu) , maybe a turtle when very young? , ...lots of rodents. Probably more ;)

Jstew

I took a nasty bite from a juvenile peach throat luckily it didn't get to much of a grip he just snagged my knuckle a little, my most recent bite was from a cat... Leaned it and said who's a good boy and he grabbed my lip... Don't have bloody pics but my lips still scabby if youd like to see that lol

BatGirl1

1,000+ Post Club
Hey... just a quick question. In light of the fact my snake bite was non venomous and I put peroxide on it after i got him to unwrap and let go of my finger, has anyone else had an issue with healing? The wounds seemed to heal within the week but now I'm starting to get little bumps where the teeth sunk in, and they are really itchy. Is this a normal healing or is there something i should be doing or concerned about? I'm not one to panic and i never go to doctors unless I'm on like death's door pretty much...haha. just wondering about others experience with bites. Thanks :)

Deac77

5 Year Member
Hey... just a quick question. In light of the fact my snake bite was non venomous and I put peroxide on it after i got him to unwrap and let go of my finger, has anyone else had an issue with healing? The wounds seemed to heal within the week but now I'm starting to get little bumps where the teeth sunk in, and they are really itchy. Is this a normal healing or is there something i should be doing or concerned about? I'm not one to panic and i never go to doctors unless I'm on like death's door pretty much...haha. just wondering about others experience with bites. Thanks :)
its just the normal healing process. once wounds begin to heal they kind of...itch lol deeper wounds are worse than scratches so punctures of course will be worse i'll pass

BatGirl1

1,000+ Post Club
Ok. Thanks.that's what I figured. I was reading some things online about how teeth can break off and get stuck. Causing infection, etc. So was kind of hoping it was just normal. His teeth went really deep and he pulled my finger, knuckle actually, into his throat almost. And he wrapped around my hand wicked tight and wouldn't let go for like 3-5 minutes.ugh. i was hoping no teeth broke but wasn't sure how to tell. Time will tell i guess...but thanks again :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juiced