• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

T-Rex **Update**

MDSmith

Hello all,
Wanted to share more of my journey with Argentine tegu I purchased in september of 2013. He is still eating well and dropped to a less fatty diet as he was growing a bit pudgy. Lowered the intake of Rat/egg to 1-2 weeks each. other than that have been keeping him full with lean turkey and leftover chicken. Included a pic of my 95% completed cage for him since the full spectrum light looks cool lol. ( have since added the rest of the barrel locks on the front for to and bottom). Someone previously asked for dimensions 6'8 inches long 3' depth and 26" height. specifically made to be flipped out of its edge to be put on a dolly and wheeled out of a 7' x 28" door frame. Also doubles as my workbench and has braces internally in the middle for supplemental support.
20140116_210411.jpg
20140714_190422.jpg
20140726_144437.jpg
20141128_104515.jpg
20141128_104527.jpg
20141128_131128.jpg

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Looking good! Thanks for the update - and all the pics! Have you added any to our media gallery?

SnakeCharmr728

5 Year Member
Hes beautiful! Keep in mind that weight is more about improper temps rather than diet. If your temps are too cool they can get overweight even on the healthiest of diets. I would caution using ground meats or anything non-whole as a staple in the diet because they are not a complete or balanced meal, even if you use supplements. A variety of whole prey is always a healthier choice, and be sure to be measuring your basking surface (a flat rock) with a temp gun to get an accurate reading of temps and strive for 120-135f for basking and you will have a nice healthy tegu. :)

MDSmith

Thank you for the replies and information. I actually did not know that the temperature should be that high in the basking area. I had it above 100 but having more exacting information is appreciated.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juiced