• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

SUPER-Tame Adult Argentine Black & White Tegu in Southwest Michigan Looking for a *GREAT* Home

Tegu Tamer

Our sweet Micio ("MEE-cho") is a male Argentine Black and White Tegu who is 48” long, weighs 15.5 pounds (7,025gr), and will be 5 years old on 3/17/17. He loves frozen/thawed medium rats from RodentPro, although he sleeps a lot and doesn't eat as often during the winter. Because we have handled him since he was a baby, he is super-sweet, super-tame, and super-friendly. He loves neck rubs and jowl/body/hand/tail massages, as well as exploring and climbing in laps for lengthy petting sessions. He is so tame that I even put my fingers in the corners of his mouth to pry it open when I want to check out his mouth or throat. He does not bite and never has. He even allows me to carry him around for a bit before he wants back down. Some may say he is "potty-trained"; but really we just put puppy pads down in the area where he relieves himself, and he accommodates us.

$200 shows us you are serious about taking great care of him. No enclosure included.

It breaks our hearts to have to adopt out our sweet "baby", but we will be moving soon and we have put it off as long as we can. We love him with all our hearts; and we will only allow him to go with someone who has the love, knowledge, setup, and resources to take proper care of him - and hopefully someone who lives where they can take him for walks on his leash during the heat of summer, too. Remind me to give you his harness and leash. He is a big healthy boy, with all 10 fingers and toes, although he is missing the last wee bit of his tail, and part of one of his nails from digging. All three of these photos were taken on December 9, 2016; and I set a pair of eyeglasses in the third one to help with size reference.

We also have a Beardie, but he might be able to move with us. Please let us know if you want to give him a *GREAT* home, as well...
Maximus is a German Giant Bearded Dragon who is 22” long, weighs almost 2 pounds (855gr), and will be 6 years old on 1/1/17. He is still active in spite of our winter weather; and he eats great, but mostly just superworms and yellow squash.He is a big healthy boy with all of his fingers and toes; and of course he is super-sweet and tame, too. (Aren’t ALL Beardies?)
01-Micio 12-09-2016 1.jpg
01-Micio 12-09-2016 3.jpg
01-Micio 12-09-2016 2.jpg

Tegu Tamer

Here are two more pictures of Micio from 2014, which give you a better idea of his 4' size:

Attachments

• 03-Micio 01-25-2014.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 45
  • 02-Micio 06-01-2014.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 41

Tegu Tamer

He Ismail so handsome, I'm surprised he is still available. I would take him in a heart beat if I could, but my Dozer wouldn't appreciate it :(
Thanks again, Dee-Dee; he *is* so handsome! :)
We connected with a reptile rescue this week, and we will deliver them both into good, loving hands tomorrow. I never in a million years would have imagined that we, of all people, would EVER relinquish beloved family members to a rescue. Until now, I thought rescues were populated by irresponsible and/or uncaring pet owners, and now I understand that sometimes it is because LIFE HAPPENS and they are only doing what they have to do for the good of the animals. I'm still in a bit of shock; but I know with my *whole* heart that we are doing what is *best* for them, even though it feels like *hell* for us. (Especially me, as I am their primary caregiver.) I trust God that they are going into great hands, and He will make sure they end up in a home or homes where their new families give them even better care - and love them even more than we do - although I am struggling to believe that is even possible. I keep repeating: They will be fine; they will be happy, they will continue to thrive, and they will be loved. (lather, rinse, repeat) Man oh man I'm (we're) gonna miss them!
And you know what? When we retire and life settles down a bit, we will adopt from *rescues*, not breeders. Life lesson learned. :tegu::)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980