• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Southern CA outdoor build diary

I cant even put it in words... That is simply incredible dedication to your lizard. Much, much respect towards your hard work, it looks outstanding. I assume you're charging the tegu rent for that luxury? XD

Thanks for the kind words. I hope it is happy out there. I'm not going to charge for rent because I might move in myselft : ) However I'm having some issues with the solar panels and the battery capacity, so hopefully I can get it figured out before the winter.

She has been pretty quiet for the last couple of days, not coming out as often and definitely slowed her eating down. Only had one mice about 4 days ago. You think she may be going into burmation?

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Thanks Walter, Should I still offer food? If so how often?
Between adjusting, say one week, and possibly slowing for the winter, try 1X/ week something small like 1/2 hardboiled egg. She'll hunt if hungry, so if she misses a chance once per week, that's fine. You could even wake her say in two weeks see if she wants to bask and eat. Remember, brumation is important to its well-being if it wants to. May not come out for three solid months or may come out once a week to bask for an hour maybe eat and go back under. Make sure she can bask and cool off in her hide.

Between adjusting, say one week, and possibly slowing for the winter, try 1X/ week something small like 1/2 hardboiled egg. She'll hunt if hungry, so if she misses a chance once per week, that's fine. You could even wake her say in two weeks see if she wants to bask and eat. Remember, brumation is important to its well-being if it wants to. May not come out for three solid months or may come out once a week to bask for an hour maybe eat and go back under. Make sure she can bask and cool off in her hide.

Thanks! Just concerning seeing her lose weight like that.

So I have noticed a huge ant colony living in the substrate. I'm not sure if it was the rain that drove them in or what. I'm concerned because my tegu likes to bury herself right in the middle of it.

Should I be worried about it? If so, how can I ride the area of the ants without harming her? I don't want to have to replace all of her substrate just to get rid of them. Any thoughts?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmelanc602