• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Soon to be newbie in Pa

Feyotter

Hello everyone!
I don't have a tegu yet but hope to have one soon. I am going to get an Argentine Black and White from TegusOnly hopefully within two weeks. I'm going to try to get one as young as possible because I won't have the funds for a large enough enclosure until the 20th of Feb. Until then I plan on keeping him/her in a 40 gallon breeder. Everything will be as it should be - heat, light, humidity, substrate, hide, etc... except it will be in a smaller tank for a week or two. I would just wait until I have the larger enclosure, but Rodney (at TegusOnly) can't guarantee that he'll have anything in stock at that time. Now for the question: I am in York Pa and was wondering if anyone might be from near here. If so, do you happen to know of anyone I could talk to either about having an enclosure built or buying one that's already made. I don't really have the tools, space, or skills to make my own and the one I found to order was almost $600 and I'm sure the shipping on that would be horrendous! So, any help or advice I might get would be greatly appreciated. I really am excited about getting a tegu, but I won't get one unless I know he will be comfortable.

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Hello everyone!
I don't have a tegu yet but hope to have one soon. I am going to get an Argentine Black and White from TegusOnly hopefully within two weeks. I'm going to try to get one as young as possible because I won't have the funds for a large enough enclosure until the 20th of Feb. Until then I plan on keeping him/her in a 40 gallon breeder. Everything will be as it should be - heat, light, humidity, substrate, hide, etc... except it will be in a smaller tank for a week or two. I would just wait until I have the larger enclosure, but Rodney (at TegusOnly) can't guarantee that he'll have anything in stock at that time. Now for the question: I am in York Pa and was wondering if anyone might be from near here. If so, do you happen to know of anyone I could talk to either about having an enclosure built or buying one that's already made. I don't really have the tools, space, or skills to make my own and the one I found to order was almost $600 and I'm sure the shipping on that would be horrendous! So, any help or advice I might get would be greatly appreciated. I really am excited about getting a tegu, but I won't get one unless I know he will be comfortable.
Welcome! Sounds to me that your best option is word of mouth for a carpenter or someone very handy at carpentry. A few very good tegu people out there in an oceanof slop. I'm glad to hear you're getting one from Tegusonly.

Feyotter

Welcome! Sounds to me that your best option is word of mouth for a carpenter or someone very handy at carpentry. A few very good tegu people out there in an oceanof slop. I'm glad to hear you're getting one from Tegusonly.
Thanks for the welcome and the advice. I'll look around for a carpenter. As soon as I get my tegu I'll post pictures.

beantickler

Welcome to the site... I live close but not close enough... lol Im in Pittsburgh and just so happen to have a b&w and built my own mansion for my lil guy. I would try and get a few quotes for having one built for you from a local carpenter. Check out the DIY section.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980