• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

sliding doors for enclosure

kane

hello all, ive recently purchased the basics for my new enclosure. im stiff baffled by the sliding doors, im using a 2x4 frame and 1/2'' cdx plywood for the enclosure itself along with drylock and misc. how would i go about with the c channel for the door, would i need to make in interior framework for it or would the c channel just attach directly to the edge surface of the 1/2'' ply with screws and such? im not opposed to hinged doors but want to keep as much humidity as possible in my dry climate here. thankyou for taking a look and any info will be appreciated

Mack79

I've glued the bottom channel directly to the ply and the top channel screw in with thinnest pan head screws I could find for glass clearance. I was worried about the "Goop" glue I used, but no smell at all when dried. I put masking tape on the interior edge of the face to catch any glue when clamping/setting the channel in place. Immediately after setting the clamps, removed the masking tape. Hope that makes sense and helps ya out.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980