• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Signature Limitations

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Without singling out anyone, and while staying on topic, can we discuss the pros and cons to limiting what kind of content can be in post signatures?
Signatures, in my mind, should tell the reader a little bit about that poster - their real name, what related animals they have, etc. What else do you guys like to see in signatures? What DON'T you like to see?
Please keep it clean. No dog piling. No calling each other out.

Bubblz Calhoun

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Eh... as long as they're not huge pics, they're fine for me. Other than that once a collection reaches a certain size what's the point of listen any and everything you have anyway, so there should be a limit. Important info can sometimes get lost in the huge pics, extra text, takes up more space, which means more scrolling and pages yada yada.

Odonata

This is funnily something I have wondered about as I personally find the large pictures in many signatures somewhat annoying (I am not talking specifically about this forum). I just find that when it is a forum you frequent a lot it significantly increases the length of topics, and often distracts both from the thread and the content itself. Out of a 6 page post an entire page or more could of made up the signatures. That said, I understand for many that their online personae are near and dear to their hearts. As someone who posts rather infrequently I am fine with whatever works for the majority of the contributors.​

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I list my reptiles and such so people can see what I keep if they have a question or to sort of qualify that I have some experience with the animal in question. I could list more...lol. But I also agree that large signatures increase the length of the thread and such.

chelvis

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I personally like having the picture in the signature. I don't have that many pets compared to most of the forum. I would do away with the picture if there was say a Bio page that could have pictures up of the pets instead.

Dubya

1,000+ Post Club
Are people crying about my signatures now? As far as I'm concerned, as long as there is no profanity, anything is ok by me. Even if some (you know who) might not like it.

TheTeguGurl

I love the way they are now. Been like this for a bit. Some ppl have there own business and like to advertise them as well

BatGirl1

1,000+ Post Club
I don't even know how to do signatures...ugh. i thought i did but i think put it in the wrong place and didn't feel like retyping my friggin zoo...haha. ugh

TeguBuzz

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I don't mind text in signatures, but it does irk me when I see quite a large picture in the signature. Maybe if the pics were smaller? Just not a fan of seeing pop up while I'm trying to read threads.

BatGirl1

1,000+ Post Club
I'm led to believe i may be missing out on a lot of things due to using tapatalk and not viewing the whole site on a computer ;p

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sonny