• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Selecting a large lizard.

Rhysandfish

Hello this is my first forum post here :) and ive been wanting a large lizard for about 6 months and im stuck. I really like the look of a water monitor but the temperament of a tegu is what im wanting. I read that dumerils monitors kinda fit the bill so i would like to see your input. :)

Waters

I definitely wouldn't recommend water monitors. The Dumerils monitor is one of the potentially calmer monitors, along with the Black Roughneck Monitor. Savannah monitors can be pretty calm as well. Some people swear by Argus monitors but every one I have had has been pretty aggressive. Here is a pic of my Black Roughneck.........
Black Roughneck.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juiced