• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

running loose in town

RobK.

they found the owner . it got out and was walking around town , Not a Iguana but just wanted to pass it on . I hope its OK . surprised to see one that big ( 125 lbs) here in N.Utah . trying to get in touch with the owner to say hi . not a lot of reptile owner up here . $$$ to keep them warm .

http://news.hjnews.com/news/article_1a586678-11a0-11e2-ba01-0019bb2963f4.html

tortise.jpg

dragonmetalhead

1,000+ Post Club
Glad Timmy was reunited with his owner. I have a friend who has a sulcatta that's somewhere between 120 and 150 pounds and pushes their backyard furniture around for fun.

RobK.

TeguLouie said:
where in N. Utah are you. im from there originally

I live in Hyde Park , its in Cache valley . N.East corner .
where did you live ?

tegus4life said:
That's crazy! I wonder how it got out..?
most likely just pushed the fence right over . LOL just a pint sized BULLDOZER

RobK.

sadly, this tortoise passed away soon after this happened . he was just put in a new enclosure and getting loose in cold weather , did him in. sad .

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
so sad. I have a 35 lb Sulcata that can open gates and screened porch doors with his feet. They can be sneaky. If the gate isn't locked, he will open it.

Deac77

5 Year Member
I have two 1-2lb sullys that already are mini bulldozers not the best pet tortoise they've already broke out (and I do mean broke) of their outdoor pen TWICE now they live behind cinder blocks lol

TeguBuzz

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I rehomed my yearling sulcata to my friends kid as a birthday present. Helped him set up its outdoor enclosure and gave him a list of foods it can and can't eat. The kids 8 and its his first reptile apart from the anoles he's caught in the past. His dad will be helping him out a lot - know the guy well enough to say so.

I remember reading this thread when you posted it a while ago Rob, it's quite sad to hear this giant passed away.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juiced