• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Roni's outdoor enclosure

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Hey Rob! We love seeing Roni around here! He has sweet digs for the winter. ;) Is there an issue with snow building on the roof? And tell me more about the plastic wrap. I wonder if it would help insulate my Sulcata's house. He's getting kinda big to bring in on cold nights. :) I'm in FL so I don;t think about winterizing very often.

RobK.

Hey Rob! We love seeing Roni around here! He has sweet digs for the winter. ;) Is there an issue with snow building on the roof? And tell me more about the plastic wrap. I wonder if it would help insulate my Sulcata's house. He's getting kinda big to bring in on cold nights. :) I'm in FL so I don;t think about winterizing very often.

we can get around 2 feet of snow on the ground , so that why the cover has a good slant . The plastic is 4 mm from Home depo 10'x25' . 4mm lets over 50% UVB through +/- . Right now roni is outside and its 45 deg but 82 in his enclosure and wil be in the 90's in a few hours . building his outdoor enclosure AND covering it for the winter was the best thing ii did for Roni . Not sure why Roni had heath issue in the past but when i stopped feeding him any Masuri TC , he stop having any problems . So i gave the remainder to our local zoo for the Sulcata's they have . I also don't worry about the humidity anymore . I spray him and his cage down once a day and that it . he grown along in girth and is 51'' and 16 lbs and just turned 3 .

RobK.

her is what the temps are right now , the high temp is in the top of Roni's enclosure the low is in the garage . so the plastic works great .

RobK.

her is what the temps are right now , the high temp is in the top of Roni's enclosure the low is in the garage . so the plastic works great . sorry not sure why the photo is on its side , it wasn't taken that way or on photobucket that way .

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
haha, I've seen the nice warm temp readings when it is brisk outside there. Roni is a spoiled ig. Rob takes splendid care of him and monitors every little detail. I would have no concern about Roni's well being. Thanks for the tip about the plastic wrap. I always wondered if they were that effective. Nice to know.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam