• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Questions on behavior

Talon1992

5 Year Member
Hello everyone, I have posted here a few times, mostly on issues of hibernation, this time I have a few other questions. So, I live in Southern California, which I want to mention just so you have a good idea about our average daily temperature. I got my baby tegu in December, and he has been hibernating until just very recently. I caught him basking the other day, but as soon as I approached the cage he bolted back into his hide. This has happened about two or three times over the span of this last week. I have offered him roaches, which he has eaten, as well as chicken, banana , And hard-boiled egg which he has nibbled on. He has also pooped, and I think that is a good sign. Fresh water is always available. My question though is this. I came downstairs this morning and he had covered up the entrance to His burrow again. Is he going back into hibernation? I find this confusing, because I have basking areas for him of that approach 125°, and he has a heating pad next to his hide, as well as a ceramic heater that keeps temperatures in the mid to high 80s. I will post some pictures of his current set up to see what you guys think. I guess I'm worried about a few things. His appetite has not been particularly voracious. I'm worried that I can't get close to him without him running away and hiding. And I'm worried that he's going back into hibernation so soon. I'm sorry about all the questions, but any advice would be most appreciated

Attachments

• IMG_7682.JPG
    IMG_7682.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 22
  • IMG_7684.JPG
    IMG_7684.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 21

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads