• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Proud New Parent to a Red Tegu!

newtegumama

Hi all.

We got a baby Red Argentine Tegu in October, but he has been hibernating since mid October. Not sure on age, does anyone have any tips on guessing the age?

Right now we have him in a 55 gallon tank with a UVB/heat bulb. What do you all recommend in regards to soaking him and tank temperature? What products do you use to generate heat and also to keep the tank humidified? What do you feed?

Thanks in advance :)

beantickler

I dont like open top cages... They are very difficult to keep humidity in. How big is your new Tegu? Temps should be 115 basking and mid 70's on the cool end. I run my humidity at a low of 70 and high of 90. I run a zooMed fogger to keep humidity up.

Welcome to the site. Lots of good info here at your fingertips.

newtegumama

He is 13 inches long, relatively small. I uploaded some pics.. I will have to get that humidifier. Right now, he is brumating and I have dug him up to at least soak him in warm water, but he went back under. How long is too long for a youngster to brumate? Does he look healthy? Should I get an undertank heating pad and a ceramic heater bulb?

newtegumama

Body shot

Attachments

• IMG_3713.JPG
    IMG_3713.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 32

beantickler

He looks good... He will hide for a while on you until he gets used to his new home and you... Let him hide with items that smell like u... towels or socks or shirts.... anything really so he feels comfort in your smell...

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmelanc602