• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Paint Fumes not disappearing

Eri.cs

Hello,
I've recently built a 8' by 4' tegu enclosure. I painted it with Drylok Extreme more than a month ago. The paint fumes have still not dissappered, if you leave the doors closed the smell is intolerable. I've tried putting baking soda in but it doesn't seem to be working. Are there any other methods to get rid the paint smell? Or should I give it more time?

Mombo

Sorry no ones replied yet. I am not sure the answer on this one. I painted mine with drylok normal kind in the same size enclosure and the smell seemed to dissipate after a few days. I did about 3 layers. I guess more time though.

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Wish I could help. Is the humidity high? That would prolong the problem. Have you tried a fan to dry it all out?

Come on gang. Penty of superb enclosures sealed with drylock. First-hand advice???

TIAisMKM

I applied two coats of drylock and took a week to rid of the fumes by leaving them outside. Still working on the enclosure for Tayler our b/w argentine gu.

Justin

5 Year Member
Open the enclosure and place a fan to circulate the air that should speed things up. It is most likely humidity related as to the slow curing there could also have been moisture trapped in the lumber you used which may also be part of the problem.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980