• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Outdoor tegu enclosure

TheWonderer

Hi everyone,

I'm thinking of allowing my tegu to be outside in summer to get retaste of that fresh air. Would you have any recommendations for materials needed? Also, do I bring him in if it rains? What are your thoughts? I live in NY so the temperatures in the summer can get high but it is different than it would be down in Florida or elsewhere.

Also, I'm going to add 2' to my enclosure over the summer since I'll have a bigger area which was sort of always the plan. He will have 8x4 to run around in inside. I'm thinking of reinforcing the enclosure with two cross pieces along the top and bottom. The bottom will have a thin layer of wood placed on it that is the full 8x4. The addition will have a ramp leading down to the ground so he can get out when he wants. He loves slides and ramps. He walks up and down his ramp to get to his main basking spot just to slide down.

Last edited:

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I can share what I have in S-C PA. About 12X5' and a 4X3' addition. Wood and wire of 3/4" hardware cloth. Hardware clth also base for addition sitting in stone. Main are cement base. A hide in shade and one in partial sun. They have access to full, partial, and shade. Water is in shade. Out 7-8 mo. They thrive in it.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam