• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

normal behavior? help

Brittany Walsh

I'm a new tegu owner. I've had my red tegu for only about 2-3 weeks now. he's probably about 6 months old. He has started burrowing most of the day after having him about a week. I've been feeding him when I catch him out in the early morning, and after I started giving him ground turkey and a little bit of fruits he ate like he's never seen food before, but now the last couple days he hasn't seemed very interested in the food I've been giving him. I'm not sure if this could be due to brumation, still getting used to the new environment, or if he may be impacted or something else may be wrong? I haven't seen him poop but I've found brown clumps in his enclosure.. idk if that was poop or just clumps of mulch, though. since he's still new I can't really be sure if this is normal or if something could be wrong. I wanted to check in with more experienced tegu owners to see what they think.

beantickler

A few day hunger strike is ok with me... I would see a vet after 7 days though... Mine occasionally wont eat for a day or 2 and then its right back to normal. Wait another day or 2 and then decide what you want to do...

Question... What is the setup like? Do you have enough UVB?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam