• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

nom nom nom GRAPES!

SnakeCharmr728

5 Year Member
I had a box of donated fruit on the ground and Rex and Bella drug out some grapes. lol

Attachments

• IMG_8934.JPG
    IMG_8934.JPG
    935 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_8935.JPG
    IMG_8935.JPG
    550.1 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_8937.JPG
    IMG_8937.JPG
    775 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_8938.JPG
    IMG_8938.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 54
  • IMG_8939.JPG
    IMG_8939.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 50
  • IMG_8941.JPG
    IMG_8941.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 53

Deac77

5 Year Member
It can be a age thing honestly. Also the fact you feed eggs could be part of your problem. They get addicted to them. Sometimes a bit of tough love goes a long way

SnakeCharmr728

5 Year Member
Well Rex is 10 yrs and Bella is going on 5, so yes age is sometimes a factor although I have babies and yearlings that love fruits too. I have always offered a huge variety of food and luckily don't have picky eaters.

bfb345

Yeah you really need to try and get yours off the eggs. When they are adults fruit is a big part of their natural diet and helps with a lot of bodily functions.

TeguBuzz

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
You don't have to get your tegu off the eggs, just cut back. I fed my tegus eggs frequently over the course of several years but as SnakeCharmr mentioned - in a varied diet, with no issues at all.

bfb345

Yeah a varied diet is key for a happy and healthy tegu in the wild tegus are quite infamous for stealing and eating caiman eggs so they do need to be fed just in moderation as with everything else. Also sorry I didnt mean exactly what I said in my last post eggs aren't crack lol you just have to cut back as tegu buzz said

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam