• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

New tank build

Chris23039

5 Year Member
Just started a new tank build, 6x4x3 is the size of it. I used marine ply and 50x50 wood.
I've built it in a way that will be easy to take apart if I was to move but also sturdy enough so that'll it'll last a long time. I've painted it today and tomorrow my plan is to install the rain system and a AHS heater and then put insulation in the gaps. After which I have some oak veneered MDF that will cover the exterior of the tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Mombo

Is it a sliding glass door system? What are you using for the track?

Looks really nice! I like the mist system I wish I had one of those in mine!

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Apart from the guards over the heat bulbs all set up and settled in
6a01c12c681718a9d5994c09219afd19.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That looks great.

Ant

That's a nice tank build you got there.
I'm going for the Ranger build specializing in archery and dodging.

How long does marine plywood last with Tegus?

Mombo

Marine plywood is treated with chemicals etc to make it the way it is. All you need is normal plywood for a tegu cage. Then you seal it with Drylock or something like that. The drylock if applied in multiple coats will make it last forever.

beantickler

Marine plywood is treated with chemicals etc to make it the way it is. All you need is normal plywood for a tegu cage. Then you seal it with Drylock or something like that. The drylock if applied in multiple coats will make it last forever.
Actually any outdoor paint is more than fine... Use at least a semi gloss on the floor of the enclosure...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam