• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

New baby blue, new to forum

tegubuilder

hello everyone, I just got my first tegu. No name yet. He's a pure blue from Hectors habitat. Im so happy with him, he's even more colorful in person and in perfect heath. Very active, curious, and is a complete pig.
Hes still a bit nervous about my hands or if ai stand up quickly while hes basking he will run and hide, bt will come back out just a minute later. If I grab him out to do work in the enclosure hes calm within a few minutes and just wants to crawl up onto my shoulder. If I lay my hand in the enclosure, he will run, but come out a few seconds later and lay right next to it. Just gets nervous when I move. Seems like he will be very easy to tame.
Enclosure is a 4x2x18 with a 100w basking bulb plus reptisun 10.0. I had to install an axial fan in one of the back vents to blow cool air in. Temps and humidity are all perfect now. Hes one happy lil dude and Im in love with him already!

Attachments

• IMG_3955.JPG
    IMG_3955.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 26
  • IMG_3972.JPG
    IMG_3972.JPG
    477.4 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_4166.jpg
    IMG_4166.jpg
    263 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_4167.jpg
    IMG_4167.jpg
    349.6 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_4168.jpg
    IMG_4168.jpg
    299 KB · Views: 25

Zyn

Welcome, you can look up Severus in the gallery. He's a blue x blue cross 75% blue 25% BW also from Hector this year will be interesting watching them both grow. The only big difference I see is Severus has a lighter brown head.

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
hello everyone, I just got my first tegu. No name yet. He's a pure blue from Hectors habitat. Im so happy with him, he's even more colorful in person and in perfect heath. Very active, curious, and is a complete pig.
Hes still a bit nervous about my hands or if ai stand up quickly while hes basking he will run and hide, bt will come back out just a minute later. If I grab him out to do work in the enclosure hes calm within a few minutes and just wants to crawl up onto my shoulder. If I lay my hand in the enclosure, he will run, but come out a few seconds later and lay right next to it. Just gets nervous when I move. Seems like he will be very easy to tame.
Enclosure is a 4x2x18 with a 100w basking bulb plus reptisun 10.0. I had to install an axial fan in one of the back vents to blow cool air in. Temps and humidity are all perfect now. Hes one happy lil dude and Im in love with him already!
Welcome and congratulations. He looks beautiful. I've heard positive things about Hector's Habitat.

tegubuilder

Welcome, you can look up Severus in the gallery. He's a blue x blue cross 75% blue 25% BW also from Hector this year will be interesting watching them both grow. The only big difference I see is Severus has a lighter brown head.

I was really close to getting a blue x blie cross or a blue cross. I love those tan and brown colors they get. Very unique! It will be cool to see how Severus develops, hes a cute looking guy... or girl? Did you have Hector sex him/her?

Zyn

No hector didn't sex him but looking at his vent I'm thinking he's male...but lol I really have no idea

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juiced