• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Nail clipping

JesseB

Anyone have any tips on clipping or filing nails? I clip just the faintest top so it's not razor sharp, but my Tegu still shreds me everytime he crawls on me. Any methods last longer or more effective?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Anyone have any tips on clipping or filing nails? I clip just the faintest top so it's not razor sharp, but my Tegu still shreds me everytime he crawls on me. Any methods last longer or more effective?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
It takes some practice/experience to clip them properly. There's a vein you don't want to breach. Alrhough mine are trimmed OK, they're still potentially sharp.

zarnach

I just blunt the tips by nipping them off on the front toes. Rear toe nails are normally twice the length and again just nip off the points. You may be doing it correct already. In that case, change how you interact. Don't allow him to scramble for grip trying to climb you, instead give an assist and grab 'em up.

Trede

I've mentioned them before, but in my experience small dog sized claw caps work beautifully to keep your skin intact. I'm sure there are a couple pictures of Talia's fancy toenails floating around on here, and there will be more this spring/summer.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980