• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

My New Orange Iguana

Steven.

Re: RE: My New Orange Iguana

TeguBuzz said:
Here's what I've learned through Buzz, not saying its fact, just an assumption. There are 2 head bobs he does, they are different and mean different things. On a rainy day when Buzz isn't feeling up to socializing with me, if I approach him, he will arch up a little and give me a fast paced head bob, usually meaning 'back off'.

At other times, I will approach Buzz, he'll still be laying down and he'd give me a short but dragged out head bob, usually a single bob. He then will get up and approach me. I learned with the fast paced he never approaches me, he keeps his distance, so I'm assuming one means back off and the other means hey or welcome, or something along those lines.

Haven't been attacked yet, so I must be doing something right with the whole situation.

I think this is true because his head bob around us is completely different from when first meet my cat. Its a head bob but he drags his flap on the floor and doesn't raise it as high as normal. Its more of a drag. Also i noticed he does puff up or anything. He actually goes to the ground..and its not as bright. I believe it might be like when a dog wags its tail.. Im still gonna keep an eye on him regardless but to me it doesn't look like a threat.

sent from my phone to your eyes

Steven.

Haven't updated in awhile.. Rango is doing great and he eats way too much lol.. He's gained weight and is getting a better understand that we're not threats... I don't think ill be building him a enclosure because he hangs out with his new buddy way up high...
[attachment=5444]

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1349646521513.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1349646521513.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 17

larissalurid

Steven. said:
Haven't updated in awhile.. Rango is doing great and he eats way too much lol.. He's gained weight and is getting a better understand that we're not threats... I don't think ill be building him a enclosure because he hangs out with his new buddy way up high...

They do need enclosures though..or how do you plan on keeping 60% humidity for him and he has a full spectrum uva/uvb basking light with proper temperature right?

jaydsr2887

he is a green iguana...... he looks like my geneveive..... the green iguanas have a broad natural range in the wildso it all determins the region where its ancestors are from with the coloring some may have a redish color some a bluish color and some the orange color because of the different foods they atein the wild......

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juiced