• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Looking for enclosures.

Hiccups

Hi I am in Colorado Springs, Colorado and I am looking for large cages for my tegu's. I have looked on CL etc but nothing seems to be out there right now. Can someone help with websites they would suggest etc.

Thanks!

JimB

Hey Hiccups, I'm in Colorado Springs as well. I haven't gotten a Tegu yet (Hopefully next year) but I do have 4 little Torts, a Chucky, and my prize of them all, a 2 year old Rhino Iguana. I think you're the first CSP'r that I've seen on any of these forums. :).
Just wanted to give you a shout out.
Titus11_8_16c.jpg

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Hey Hiccups, I'm in Colorado Springs as well. I haven't gotten a Tegu yet (Hopefully next year) but I do have 4 little Torts, a Chucky, and my prize of them all, a 2 year old Rhino Iguana. I think you're the first CSP'r that I've seen on any of these forums. :).
View attachment 11448
Nice going with the Rhino!!!

Hiccups

View attachment 11448

Thanks! So much! Nice to see another reptile lover near me!

Ferdinand

Hey Hiccups.
I'm also a COS local. Good to see other herp lovers out there. My new cage is nearing completion and should be finished by this Friday.
How large are your Tegus? If they're still babies I have a large glass tank that I used as a temp for my tegu when she was a hatchling.

Hiccups

View attachment 11448

BEAUTIFUL baby you have there!

Hiccups

Hey Hiccups.
I'm also a COS local. Good to see other herp lovers out there. My new cage is nearing completion and should be finished by this Friday.
How large are your Tegus? If they're still babies I have a large glass tank that I used as a temp for my tegu when she was a hatchling.

Congrats on the new cage. Mine is a baby but he is getting super big super fast. :) He is in a 40 Gallon Breeder right now and will need something soon. How big is your tank?

JimB

Yep! I have builders here this morning to do a estimate. I cannot build myself due to health reasons.. But, I can hire someone.. :)

How did the estimate go? I may have to resort to hiring a carpenter as well so I'd be interested in the ballpark figure.

JimB

They're asking for over 1,000 for one cage. I don't know what to do.. :(

WOW!!
Saywhat.jpg

Do you know someone who could help you build one. The materials might get expensive especially if you use glass or Plexi-glass. I'd volunteer but my carpentry skills are next to nill. I'll be in the same boat when the Tegu I hope to get needs a large enclosure.

Hiccups

WOW!!
View attachment 11596

Do you know someone who could help you build one. The materials might get expensive especially if you use glass or Plexi-glass. I'd volunteer but my carpentry skills are next to nill. I'll be in the same boat when the Tegu I hope to get needs a large enclosure.

I wish I knew someone. :( I actually just found a cage.. The seller is bringing it over on Thursday. I am so grateful. I just hope everything goes smoothly.

JimB

I wish I knew someone. :( I actually just found a cage.. The seller is bringing it over on Thursday. I am so grateful. I just hope everything goes smoothly.

That's awesome! Hopefully we'll get to see some pics of both your Tegu and the newe enclosure! :)

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Good luck with it. Keep posted.

Last edited:

Hiccups

WOW!!
View attachment 11596

When you looking to get your first tegu?

JimB

I know I'm just waiting until the hatchlings come available ... and the wait is killing me! :eek:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam