• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Littlefoot my Red x Black and white Tegu! (Anyone use periscope?)

Jaredp

So far so good with this little guy! He is a little picky with his food as of right now and I'm not sure if 2-4 bites is enough to make him full when he eats but he seems to be at a good weight so I'm not too worried! He is a Red x black and white
image.jpg

image.jpg

So I started periscoping a couple months ago and I've been trying to get more animal enthusiasts to "scope" their own animals! (Periscope is an app where you can take and or watch live videos) So far I do videos every Sunday night and feed my four snakes ( I figured I would let people watch and possibly learn something about these amazing creatures ) and now I have been "scoping" Little Foot my re baby Tegu! So again I would absolutely love to see more Tegu's or more reptiles in general on this app I think it's a great opportunity to show off your animals and teach people a thing or two about them :) my user name in the app is @jrodp7 if you would like to find me. I hope I see more of you reptile enthusiests Posting videos! Technology is amazing..

Jaredp

I decided to not let my little guy hibernate I have heard mixed things about the subject but it seems like they need to hibernate to breed but I'm not planning on breeding.

Jaredp

It may not be up to you, lol. It's just part of their natural cycle.
So at one point in time it's possible I won't be able to wake him up? I haven't heard of such a thing. I have read that it's something they naturally do in the wild but I have also read about people not letting them hibernate by just waking them up everyday which I have heard mixed opinions on. So far I wake up my Gu everyday and he seems fine and Vet says he's healthy.

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
If they have access to basking and warmth, and if you provide light during the day, no need whatsoever to wake them daily. How inactive they are and for how long varies lizard to lizard. Mine monk out for five months and are dry bewildered if roused.

Jaredp

Yeah but I like to see him and give him attention! Usually I get home from work at 4:30 or so right when I get home he is usually hiding so I take out all of the hides and find him. He is usually a little sleepy but doesn't seem to mind. So will he just not want to wake up one of these days ?

Justin

5 Year Member
Looking good mine is hibernating so he still has a lot of grayish color. How is waking yours up regularly working out?

DoctorPepper4

5 Year Member
Update please and thank you I’m thinking of breeding a black and white to a red just need to see how the end up looking as adults. Yes Laura it’s a hint at you as well, to post pictures of yours lololol

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam