• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Just got the email from Varnyard!

Arxilca

5 Year Member
Me too! Only problem is that I'm out of town the week they're supposed to be shipped. Now I have to either find someone I trust to pick up and babysit her until I get back, or try to work something out with Bobby to see if he can postpone the shipping for a couple days...

Diablo

5 Year Member
I'm starting to get nervous....when did you guys put your deposit down? I put mine down in the end of may when he said he only had a few spots open. I still haven't gotten any email yet :(

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Diablo, there are quite a few cluthes thats hatching or will hatch, when my tegus hatched one hatched in june and the oother in july, it just depends on which clutch he puts you down for

Arxilca

5 Year Member
Diablo said:
I'm starting to get nervous....when did you guys put your deposit down? I put mine down in the end of may when he said he only had a few spots open. I still haven't gotten any email yet :(

I placed my deposit at the end of December - it was a Christmas gift (yay)! Don't worry about the email; there are still clutches left to hatch. In the meantime, you can do what I've been doing and keep an eye out for the perfect things for your tegu's enclosure! Having the time is nice because you never know what perfect deals will pop up during your wait.

Skeetzy

I put mine down in the middle of March, as soon as I get my email I'll post in here, and you'll probably get yours soon after.

Robthewhitedevil

Yeeeah I’m really nervous because I put my deposit for an Argentine Black and White hatchling back in january and I haven't gotten an email yet D:

HeatherN

lol always the billions of threads like this. the best thing to do is shoot a quick email or call to bobby. he's really good with communication to me, calls me like an hour after i send the email lol. just ask whether or not your clutch has hatched, make sure you tell him your paypal name/ the name you reserved your tegu under, helps with finding you. then the next part is tough, but just relax, i try not to get anxious (without success sometimes) cuz pure thought and obsessing doesn't do much to fix a "problem" you have little control over. :D

Dubya

1,000+ Post Club
HeatherN said:
lol always the billions of threads like this. the best thing to do is shoot a quick email or call to bobby. he's really good with communication to me, calls me like an hour after i send the email lol. just ask whether or not your clutch has hatched, make sure you tell him your paypal name/ the name you reserved your tegu under, helps with finding you. then the next part is tough, but just relax, i try not to get anxious (without success sometimes) cuz pure thought and obsessing doesn't do much to fix a "problem" you have little control over. :D
Heather, after I sent my balance owed (immediately) I sent a very brief email to Bobby asking only if I would receive my tegu and if it would be the sex I requested. A one or two line email. My last communication was the notice that the babies hatched on around June 16th and that payment was due. I still haven't heard anything. I am holding back on building the enclosure till I actually have the tegu in my hands. I have a big storage tub set up for a reptile in the meantime.

HeatherN

everybody says bobby has communication issues, but I've always gotten responses within a couple hours,longest overnight cuz i emailed late at night. perhaps it is hit and miss, but perhaps if he doesn't respond by email, try his phone? idk which form of communication is easier for him, but ours always last less time than it would take to write an email. i hope everyone gets what they're seeking from him.

Diablo

5 Year Member
Yeah I'm not gonna turn this into another thread like last time lol, but if you put yours down in december or january then it makes sense that my little tegu will be hatching a while from now. Looks like I just have to wait it out. Does anyone know just how late they keep hatching? As in could it be like August or sometime early fall before I get my little tegu?

HeatherN

i think they're going into early august for the b&Ws. i can't imagine into fall since his tegus reportedly go down for brumation in august and wake up in february i believe...

Arxilca

5 Year Member
Dubya said:
Heather, after I sent my balance owed (immediately) I sent a very brief email to Bobby asking only if I would receive my tegu and if it would be the sex I requested. A one or two line email. My last communication was the notice that the babies hatched on around June 16th and that payment was due. I still haven't heard anything.

This is what's been worrying me. I haven't been waiting as long as you, of course, but I sent an email because I have a majorly important and semi-urgent issue (going to be out of town on the shipping date and need to see if I can arrange to postpone shipment a few days) but so far none of my emails have been answered. I do understand that this is a busy time for him, but I wouldn't be emailing if it wasn't something this crucial. I'm giving it a few days before I switch and try the phone instead.

Robthewhitedevil

Well Mr. Hill called me the other and told me they should be hatching soon but its been almost two weeks since then. I completely understand he’s busy I’m just worried lol

bmx3000max

BamaTegu said:
I put my deposit down on June 10th so I am sure mine is in one of the last clutches. Still can't wait though.

trust me i no how you feel i waited for a whole year for mine wich came yesterday...just gotta wait wich stinks but its all worth it

Diablo

5 Year Member
BamaTegu said:
I put my deposit down on June 10th so I am sure mine is in one of the last clutches. Still can't wait though.

I put mine down at the end of May and still haven't heard about it hatching. I'm really anxious and keep thinking im gonna get an email saying I'll have to wait until next year or something. That's probably just my pessimistic thinking kicking in haha. I'm just an impatient person :/

Jeremyxb12

5 Year Member
i am still waiting on the tegu i won last year in the contest i talked to bobby and he told me he was shipping in the next 3 weeks for my tegu. i cant remember if he was giving the AA or the B+W.. lol

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juiced