• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Jagger at 5 months!

MickJagger

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Jagger enjoying his first glimpse of life of the outside world! Exploring new places with me today! At almost 5 months he is 26 inches long... And very VERY orange on his belly. @Josh He's growing up so fast thank you for all your help!

Rebecca Stout

Really nice looking. How was he through out the trip? Ever get scared or spooked? I can't take mine out :( It took my girl a year to get that size!

Skeep

5 Year Member
Looking good! If I let Fluffy sit on the seat like that she would find some impossible place to crawl into.

MickJagger

Yeah he was a little spooked being around new people! But he loves sitting up on the seat in the car (must have expensive taste being a BMW 550i);), as long as he's not digging into my leather were good there :) Yeah I feed salmon one day, turkey another, eggs the next, and then a combo of the three on the fourth and he loves it! All supplemented with eggshell calcium and cod liver oil! His sheds have only lasted a day if that, I'm starting to think he's gonna be a big boy... I need Info on free roaming. Deciding if just making the kitchen his little playground is smart or if he'll eat me out of house and home literally... Hahaha @marydd @Rebecca Stout @Skeep @N8bub

Rebecca Stout

I need free roaming space as well. I want it to be the kitchen for easy clean up. She pee's a lot. But as of right now, even though she is big, there are cracks around the appliances that she is able to get in. I keep praying, please grow, please grow. I'm not sure how much out time you are able to give them without compromising their health as they need light, heat and humidity. I'd like to know that answer for when I can let her out for longer bits of time.

Skeep

5 Year Member
The kitchen seems like the hardest room to tegu-proof. There are so many appliances and places that they can get into! A friend's tegu started rummaging through all his ground-level cupboards and eventually found a hole for plumbing that let him get in the subfloor. There can be a lot of hazardous stuff stored in kitchens so at least getting baby locks for the cupboards might be a good idea.

Rebecca Stout

LOL, thats funny. I see what you mean. I never ever thought of the cabinets!!! My problem is we have so much stuff and furniture and electronics that when mine hides in and behind them, we have no way of getting her out. Once I had to wait all day when she was behind something. By the end of the day, I had to get her out by getting help to move the thing and use a broom to pull her out. I don't ever want to do that to her again. She was really freaked.

MickJagger

image.jpg

Happy be-lated thanksgiving guys and gals! Jagger being festive! Yeah I've had a water monitor in my walls for 2 weeks and just recently got him out, so I've tegu proofed EVERYTHING lol. He's got a 6 bulb setup for his spot which is 2 ft x 2ft at 120degrees with UVB so he should find that out. I had the fixture custom built just for my little man, well chubby man lol.

Jeremyxb12

5 Year Member
aw he looks like he is curious and enjoyed! lol good little gu :)! i cant wait until I get back from korea and get a new gu. if I may ask who was the breeder?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmelanc602