• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

It is time to rehouse this crazy spider - Should be an interesting weekend

apocalypse910

ReiB7L3.jpg

apocalypse910

Wow, very pretty! Is she pretty aggressive?

Thank You!

Yeah - she's a real pain. She actually tried to pounce on the camera right after I took the first shot. She escaped once and now that I know how fast she can actually move I'm not really keen on having her out of her enclosure for any reason. She moves faster than the eye can reasonably track - I swear she just teleports around once she gets spooked. If you try to encourage her to move with something she'll either attack it violently or flee from it - so she's a bit tough to coral. She is growing insanely quickly though so I really need to rehouse her asap.

This isn't mine but gives you an idea of the fun

Logie_Bear

Wow. After watching that, all I can say is good luck! XD

Side note- I LOVE the way he has made the front opening vertical 10 gals. I need some of those!

Lizardess

T's are amazing. I used to run a tarantula rescue when I lived in Ohio. I had 13 different species in my personal collection at one point. I plan to restart the collection once we get relocated. This time it's going to be ALL ExoTerra setups. I have a weakness for pretty tarantulas. I've been a hobbyist off and on for a little over a decade, and used to help admin on Tarantula Keepers on Facebook before all the drama and disrespect went hog wild. Singapore Blues are defintely lovely, just quick as can be and highly defensive. My personal favorite is Poecolitheria Rufillata, commonly known as the "Red Slate Ornamental".

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I do. I keep Ts, mostly New World temperate terrestrials. Dilemma- that species is worth a good bit of money. I would take it but can't pay for it.

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Wait a second! Now I get it. You're moving her from one cage to another, not trying to rehome her! Ha!

Beautiful animal and fantastic-looking T set-up.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juiced