• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Is there any way to move, with a large 8 ft cage?

Riolu2012

I've been looking into getting a tegu or similar sized monitor that would need an 8 ft cage, my only problem is that I am almost certain I will not be staying in the place I'm at right now forever. So is there anyway to actually move with a tegu cage without taking it apart, or will I have to find some way to take it apart then put it back together. I just dont think a 4 ft wide cage will fit through a regular door.

dpjm

5 Year Member
I think you have answered your own question. Most doors are around 3ft wide.

You could build the enclosure so that it comes apart in sections so that it can fit through a door.

Justin

5 Year Member
Yeah I built mine in 2x8 sections. So here is some advice:
1. When building test fit the two halves to make sure they fit together without gaps. Simply measuring is not enough as the lumber can have a slight bow. I found out the hard way. Also I would fasten the floor and roof panels down last that way if there is a bow or warp which causes a gap you can press the two halves together and use the floor and roof panels to hold it square.
2. Use 2×6's for the bottom frame as it bares all the load (if mounting on wheels).
3. If you put wheels on the bottom make sure when the 2 halves are joined they can swivel without binding on each other also I recommend using at least 3" diameter wheels so that it moves easier when loaded with substrate.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam