• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

is he impacted or constipated? what do i do?

rex2311

so my tegu Sammy has had a prolapse recently. so i called a vet and scheduled an appointment for Friday 6/16 but then i realized that he has not popped much recently really only these tiny globs but he still eats. so i heard when impacted they lay on their sides but what does that look like exactly? I never see him poop he always does it when im not looking or there so i cant tell you if he wiggles. as for my set up the basking temp is about 95 to 110 F and his humidity never drops below 60% and goes up to 80% at night but is usually around 70 to 75%. I feed him eggs grapes, crickets, mango and watermelon. also recently he does not burrow all the way he just puts most of his body under and leaves his hind end sticking out. He still can be very active and jumps around when he wants to come out. so much so i have begun buying parts to to build a big terrarium soon cause he might bust the top out of this one.

I give him bathes a lot more now. what do i do? will he die? my reptiles are like children to me and i cant live without them anymore hes my favorite.

here is some pics pic of him yes i know he needs a bigger water dish he will get one with his new enclosure.
20170511_151202.jpg
20170516_174534.jpg

Attachments

• 20170529_135526.jpg
    20170529_135526.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 9

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members