• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

I, too, am serving court papers to Bobby Hill.

sunflowercake

Yeah, don't piss off italians.
Since Bobby is busy hiding from the angry mob, we've sent a letter to him WHICH HE HAS TO SIGN FOR, letting him know we're gonna frickin' sue his ass if he doesn't return my money.
If he doesn't contact me, legal action will be taken, and he won't be able to say "Oh, they never contacted me." because he signed for the court papers himself, basically admitting that he has done wrong.

I'm glad my family has decided to help me. Is $150 dollars a huge amount of money for me to lose in the deposits? No, it's not. But we have thousands upon thousands of dollars in savings for this exact reason: teaching him a lesson. Since he's scamming people, I'm betting he'll run out of money before we do.

Hear that Bobby? We WILL sue you and run your business into the ground. Make things right while you still can.

I urge others to do the same. I hope this lying, thieving sack goes thousands of dollars into debt for stealing from so many good people who trusted him.

Anyways, I'll let you all know when/if Bobby contacts me, and how the lawsuit goes.

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
This is your first and last warning to review the community guidelines before posting. I understand you're upset but there are no exceptions to our rules.

TegusRawsome80

5 Year Member
Someone's feeling a wee bit cocky. Congratulations on your thousands upon thousands of dollars but I certainly don't want to hear you shout it to the world. A. Bobby already ran his own business into the ground so you don't need to help him. B. I understand your anger but seriously, chill out a bit. C. I would consider your actions much more admirable if you talked about them in a calmer, cooler, and more collected manner. Posts like yours don't represent you very well.

got10

Gee!!. Now that you warned him AHEAD, he will know NOT to sign the papers in the mail. This is a case of your mouth running ahead of feet.
Like Josh said its understandable to be pissed off to the height of pisstivity (my word ya can't use it). You still have to be civil here.

sunflowercake

I apologize, I will read the community guidelines.

I'm not trying to be cocky, I'm just one of the few who refuses to sit and "be patient" with him. I don't understand how one can take being ripped off sitting down. I'm surprised more people are suing him for fraud at this point, honestly.

As I've said before, I've been putting off a SURGERY waiting for Bobby to come through, so yes, I am getting angry at this point.

EDIT: And no, he has to sign the letter when it arrives. This is the same process many courts go through, it ensures that he won't be able to use the "I never got the letter" defense. Like, someone is walking up to your door and handing you the letter personally.

This is the first time I've made a pissy post, and I'm sorry if that offends anybody, that was not my intent. I didn't realize I wasn't allowed to express too much... anger? here.

Diablo

5 Year Member
Im right here with you more power to you. Im sick of sitting around too but not sure how to go about taking further action. If you need witnesses or someone to go into court with you i will glady drive there and appear in person.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

sunflowercake

Well, I live in the ghetto, about 20 hours away so... hopefully Bobby will solve everything before it gets to the courts. Since I am not a Florida resident, and if I only sue him for the amount I paid in deposits (which means small claims court) I would have to sue him in the state of Florida. Which hey, I'm totally willing to do.
If everyone got equally pissed off as me and filed a joint suit, then it's possible we could sue for money back to every individual on the joint suit, so.. either way, once I get the A-OKAY that the letter got delivered personally to him, we'll take it from there!:)

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Just a bit of info for you.... he doesn't have to sign anything, they can't force him to sign a paper. I'm sure he is anticipating being served by now, so he will be very wary of who he opens his door to. Even if you win in small claims court, there really is no consequences if he doesn't pay you. What are they going to do garnish his wages, I'm pretty sure he doesn't have a job for them to garnish wages from.

The best course of action is to file a complaint with IC3 and get the government involved. They have the money to go after him and with enough complaints, I'm sure the dollar amount could lead to felony fraud and land him in prison.

Diablo

5 Year Member
james.w said:
Just a bit of info for you.... he doesn't have to sign anything, they can't force him to sign a paper. I'm sure he is anticipating being served by now, so he will be very wary of who he opens his door to. Even if you win in small claims court, there really is no consequences if he doesn't pay you. What are they going to do garnish his wages, I'm pretty sure he doesn't have a job for them to garnish wages from.

The best course of action is to file a complaint with IC3 and get the government involved. They have the money to go after him and with enough complaints, I'm sure the dollar amount could lead to felony fraud and land him in prison.

Doing this now, everyone who hasn't please do it now too.

the_cw

Done IC3 some time ago. As I've said before, if anyone needs my help on anything please do PM me. Bobby Hill is a thief and a scammer.

sunflowercake

Woo, doing that now.
That's why I'm hoping if we teamed up together it could be something bigger than just the small claims court.
But still, even though no one can FORCE him to sign something, it's at least marked down that contact HAS been made with him since they know at least that it made it to his house, since it is hand delivered. That's like saying just because they send you a big red bill saying they're turning off your electricity or whatever, they can't FORCE you to pay it. It's nothing big, you're right, but it's a start of a lawsuit, for sure.
Either way, I'm glad you told me about the IC3. I hope everyone fills one out!

I'm just hoping that if enough people take action, he'll be convinced to make things right. Hoping, hoping, hoping...

TheTeguArmy

Sueing somebody with no money probably won't accomplish much, as stated above. The poor guy has the upper hand. If its a criminal matter, not civil, that's different. In criminal matters the poor guy gets the shaft. It should be the goal of every person reading this thread to ensure the incarceration of Bobby Hill for felony fraud. Start with filing an IC3 complaint.

sunflowercake said:
I'm just hoping that if enough people take action, he'll be convinced to make things right. Hoping, hoping, hoping...

That would require this to be some sort of accident to begin with. The guy that robs banks or picks pockets does not stop because he becomes aware people don't appreciate it. Bobby Hill is a predator, and he is already looking for his 2013 victims. He knows lying, cheating, and stealing are wrong. Stealing is his intention, not something that accidently happened and he isn't aware of. Bobby is like the Nigerian prince who always emails asking for your social security number to transfer 30 million dollars to your account. The only difference is that people let their love for tegus and fear of not getting one cloud their judgement.

In addition to doing IC3, we can help save some 2013 victims by eliminating some of Bobby source for new victims. If you have any YouTube videos named "My 2011 varnyard extreme giant" or whatever, consider the free positive advertising that you are giving him. Please rename videos and/or mention his scam in your description. Post comments on other people's videos. Anywhere on the internet that says "Varnyard" should have the words "scam" and "thief" no more than 2 inches away.

The Tegu Army must be everywhere!

got10

TheTeguArmy said:
Sueing somebody with no money probably won't accomplish much, as stated above. The poor guy has the upper hand. If its a criminal matter, not civil, that's different. In criminal matters the poor guy gets the shaft. It should be the goal of every person reading this thread to ensure the incarceration of Bobby Hill for felony fraud. Start with filing an IC3 complaint.

sunflowercake said:

That would require this to be some sort of accident to begin with. The guy that robs banks or picks pockets does not stop because he becomes aware people don't appreciate it. Bobby Hill is a predator, and he is already looking for his 2013 victims. He knows lying, cheating, and stealing are wrong. Stealing is his intention, not something that accidently happened and he isn't aware of. Bobby is like the Nigerian prince who always emails asking for your social security number to transfer 30 million dollars to your account. The only difference is that people let their love for tegus and fear of not getting one cloud their judgement.

In addition to doing IC3, we can help save some 2013 victims by eliminating some of Bobby source for new victims. If you have any YouTube videos named "My 2011 varnyard extreme giant" or whatever, consider the free positive advertising that you are giving him. Please rename videos and/or mention his scam in your description. Post comments on other people's videos. Anywhere on the internet that says "Varnyard" should have the words "scam" and "thief" no more than 2 inches away.

The Tegu Army must be everywhere!

Agreed

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Just because someone doesn't have money does not mean that victims can't be compensated. There are liens, etc that can be put in place for a civil matter.

Bwindi

excuse me, but I am just wondering exactly wtf is going on. I keep hearing about all these people wanting to sue bobby and am just really curious as to the details.

Dana C

In my humble opinion, you can't sue for more than you lost. Since individually the amounts involved are well below the small claims maximum, that most likely is your only alternative.
I you file suit as a class or a group, you will likely have to find a Florida licensed attorney who will keep 30% of what ever you are awarded if you win or you wil have to pay by the hour. Moreover since this probably won't involve punitive damages you will have to pay an attorney up front for filing and court costs. If statements are needed which they will be, be prepared to pay $90 per hour for a court reporter to record the statements.

I understand the frustration you all are feeling. I have been their before on other kinds of issued and became even more frustrated and angry after I found out what I am telling you. Take him to small claims court and provide documentation of your deposits. If you win, you can file a writ which in effect is a court order to his banks to send the amount to the court which in turn will send it to you.

Lose the anger. It is very unhealthy and gets you nowhere. Be careful, be thoughtful, investigate, research and prepare to invest a little $ for court costs, filing costs and the cost of having a sheriff serve him the necessary papers. Then prepare to show up on your court date in Florida.

If it was me, I would forget about the $150 and try and do as much damage to his rep and business you can legally. He can't do anything as slander and libel only apply if what is said or written is untrue.

Grendel

Probably the best thing one can do is to get the word out. Start a new thread on the BOI at Fauna classifieds, but be prepared to post factual information including your full name, receipts, any text messages, or emails you may have from him. Otherwise you will be dismissed as a fraud.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juiced