• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

i just got my tegu

Anthony

5 Year Member
shes a real cute one everything i hoped for.... i got her in feeding bin offering some ground turkey and a few crickets she hasnt touched it yet.... thinking shes just stressed from the trip.... ill update later and thanks again bobby

wyattroa

5 Year Member
Mine also arrived not even 30 minutes ago..i named her fluffy:O) When taking her out of the bag she didnt his, puff up, or try to bite. A perfect lady..She was on the cool side so i didnt keep her out for long.. maybe held her for about 3-5 minutes and then let her into her new home.. she was checking it out and is now warming up under the light.. i will try to give her some ground turkey tonight..just not sure if i should take her out to do this or leave her in.. I know it has been a stressful 24 hours for them. I also have one of my shirts bunch up in there with her.
robert

Anthony

5 Year Member
u think i should put one of my shirts in there? i still have mine in the feeding bin she made a weird noise when she first went in there almost like a squeek noise... she then yawned and walked around i thought she was gona eat a cricket but didnt now shes hiding under a news paper.... im gona leave her here a little while then put her in the new home

wyattroa

5 Year Member
mine was just out... but when i walked in the room she took off like a bat out of hell into the hide:eek:( no watching for me
robert

HandsomeJack

5 Year Member
I just got mine. I held him for a bit and then released him into his new home and he went all the way across the cage to his burrow like he had lived there all his life. :p Smart little guy.

VenomVipe

5 Year Member
Mine was calm and handlble. Squirmy at the first minute out of the bag the though. He was slpashing in the water check all the hides and basking places too. I coudlnt of asked for anything better!

wyattroa

5 Year Member
so for the first week are some of you going to feed in the cage to let them de-stress? i hav read to do this and to let them be for a week.. but also have read to never feed them in the cage...
robert

VenomVipe

5 Year Member
If the tegu is stressed then i say in the cage but if not so much, then a feeding bin. But i could be wrong.

Anthony

5 Year Member
i will have some up by the weekend my gf has a camera not me and she wont be here til friday but i took some with my disposable camera that i had a few shots left might be able to get them up sooner

Jefroka

5 Year Member
This is what Bobby told me, ok to feed crickets in house, meats in feeding bin. Glad y'all got your tegus, have had mine now for two weeks and he has grown already, little beast that he is!

...Jefroka

jarett_Harrison

5 Year Member
i just got myn. could kind of hold him. but i did get whacked in the face. but still soooo cute. thanks so much bobby! it means alot to me!

Anthony

5 Year Member
well i just held my tegu for a few minutes she was squirmy to pick up but once i got her she chilled and just walked a little from hand to hand.... shes now exploring her new home and basking a little.... will offer her food again tonite and try a little more handling

Toby_H

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I told ANthony I would send him a picture... but I might as well post it here for others to see as well...

My hatchling from LAST YEAR:

IMG_0629.jpg

wyattroa

5 Year Member
i would try to get some pictures of mine, but if you looked at the tank right now you would think nothing is in there :shock: she has burrowed down already.. no clue where she is in there..lol... she did have two mouth fulls of turkey when she was put in the feeding bin.. but besides for that i have not held her much...atleast i hop she is still in the cage..lol
robert

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam