• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Hey!

ForceBiter

New member here, but I've been stalking these forums for years in search of advice. I'm currently the proud owner of a feisty and territorial bearded dragon, a humble and calm leopard gecko, and a recently acquired curious and docile caiman lizard! The new guy is the main reason I've decided to actually join, as he is related to all of your tegus. I also want to share my experience in keeping him, as it'll be a very rewarding journey to say the least, and that I'm sure there's at least a few members that would be also interested. Anyways, meet Kaiser!

IMG_3043.JPG

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
New member here, but I've been stalking these forums for years in search of advice. I'm currently the proud owner of a feisty and territorial bearded dragon, a humble and calm leopard gecko, and a recently acquired curious and docile caiman lizard! The new guy is the main reason I've decided to actually join, as he is related to all of your tegus. I also want to share my experience in keeping him, as it'll be a very rewarding journey to say the least, and that I'm sure there's at least a few members that would be also interested. Anyways, meet Kaiser!

View attachment 11718
Welcome Kaiser. Forcebiter- how is he kept?

ForceBiter

Welcome Kaiser. Forcebiter- how is he kept?
He's in a quarantine setup in a spare tank for now. It's a 20 gallon long with 3" of cypress mulch, a large plastic tub to swim in, and ceramic tiles placed under a 100 watt Powersun. Gets to around 105 on the tiles. Currently eats ground turkey and grain-free salmon and tuna canned cat foods with supplements. The setup currently loses humidity very fast, even with misting every hour or two due to the screen top and my room's low humidity. However, in 2 weeks he's going to go to a fully sealed plastic 4x2 enclosure from Animal Plastics, which will give him plenty of space and hold humidity very well. I'm going to transfer the Powersun, water tub, and tiles over and getting plenty of cork and ghostwood for him. I'm thinking that it will be sufficient for the first year or so.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
supportibi