• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

He's Finally Home!

MickJagger

Hey guys! Thank you for wishing me luck before, there was a slight delay but Mick Jagger is finally home and in his new enclosure! I went to the local herp shop and they set it me up with a shredded wood substrate, kinda like mulch, is there any other substrate you would recommend? He's been feeding on fancy feast salmon flavor and seems to enjoy it, also scrambled eggs. Is there any meals that the youngin's typically prefer? Give me as much advice as you can! He's very skittish when I put my hand in his cage, he's let me pick him up a couple times, and when he does he's Completely mellow, however can I travel with him yet? He'll be free roamed and has his very own room to himself when he does, is there a particular age that would be recommended to start free roaming? Thank you all for your advice, I love how helpful everyone is! Hope to hear back!
Best Regards!
-Mick Jagger (8/22/2014)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    893 KB · Views: 48
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    953.6 KB · Views: 46

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Lookin good! Definitely want to spruce up his diet a bit. Go with some whole prey items. Add some fruit. For bedding I use a mix of mulch and coco coir (bed-a-beast). Have you posted photos of his enclosure?

MickJagger

@Josh hey man, no I have not. I'll be sure to go home and have a photoshoot of his enclosure. He's not liking the ground turkey that much, so I've been giving him dusted crickets daily along with a pretty nice selection of different meats to try as pulled from the foods list from this wonderful forum.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    818.4 KB · Views: 33

MickJagger

@Josh I have no idea if you can see, he was acting a little skittish and I just put my shirt In there like maybe 5 minutes ago and he's already snuggled up in there? Is that a good sign? Let me know with some suggestions, again he has a room ready for him as soon as he's old enough to free roam. Let me know what you think, this enclosure is still the one he came home in, and I like to make everything look like a million bucks so here's a before and in about a week I'll have the updated pictures. I own a couple company's so I have plenty of money for mick Jagger to spend:D
image.jpg
image.jpg

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Look like he's settling in!
How are your temps? You have a UVB bulb? See if you can find some extra substrate and give him a nice thick layer he can bury himself in. Mine loves to be completely buried at night

MickJagger

@Josh thank you man, it varys during the time of the day, basking is no less then 90 at all times, usually around 97-105. On the cool side, in the morning around 70-75. Afternoon temps on the cool side usually around 80. If you give me specific temps I'll get them exact. Humidity is simply misting his substrate daily, and I will forsure fix up mr. Jagger with more bedding. Now the problem I'm having is he's so afraid of me. I made him chicken and beef livers with grapes this morning before I left so hopefully he enjoys that, because ground turkey is not his cup of tea, as a hatchling at least. I appreciate all the time you spend with me josh. I love this baby and have been waiting for years to get him. And he's going to be such a massive part of my life. I'm sure you know the excitement!
Cheers mate! Also what state are you in?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    845.5 KB · Views: 28
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    775.8 KB · Views: 26

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads