• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

HELP-Tegu wants to sleep and will not eat

Spitfires

I just bought a 2-3 month old All American tegu and she is beautiful and has a great personality. Anyways, I've had her since Sunday and today is now Friday. I've tried giving her super worms, fuzzys, and even Mangos. She has only eatin one fuzzy and that was on Monday morning, I'm getting very concerned that she is not eating and I've assumed that she is within some sort of hibernation since every time I go to check on her, she is Burried and asleep. Could some one please help!

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
She's slowing down for the winter. Don't worry. Offer food once each week til she's hungry again.

Justin

5 Year Member
Bummer... I feel ya sucks having a new pet you don't see. I haven't seen mine in 2 weeks? Maybe longer and he may be hibernating till April.

thehonestpirate

I have the same issue, just got one from TegusOnly, it was healthy and everything but when I put it in, it burrowed under a rock on the cool side and slept, I woke it up yesterday and it went and started basking, then I turn on the lights this morning and its burrowed in the other corner asleep again, should I just leave it be?

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
No. Offer it food say once a week. See how it goes. It eats, feed more. Eventually it will become active again. Don't worry about rousing it weekly to check it. Just make sure it has a coolish spot to sleep, a warm environment and suitably hot basking area and water always available, you're set.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juiced